• 2(current)
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue
Funny, I just made a post of this only an hour ago after just updating from 13.2 to the latest Helix 14.0 build and I maybe have 30 seconds to play with before it crashes from start up. Not even enough time to grab a log. I'm on Android Arm (FireTv).
From the two logs that were posted it seems to be an issue with an addon called istream. That means no support on this forum.
(2014-12-31, 08:37)Kib Wrote: From the two logs that were posted it seems to be an issue with an addon called istream. That means no support on this forum.
@Kib, understandable and I also do have that addon installed. Is there any other way to disable if we can only get a few seconds of up time? Thanks.
HI Kib, thanks for the quick response. I'll try that- the X4 box crashes quick, hardly enough time to get in even a few keystrokes. This could be painful. And to complete the task- how do I tell the unsupported (illegal) ones from the others? Sorry if the question seems ignorant- I just got my box less than a month ago and I've only used what came pre-installed thus far.
I can't find istream in my video add-ons...??

(2014-12-31, 08:33)JoyDrop Wrote: Funny, I just made a post of this only an hour ago after just updating from 13.2 to the latest Helix 14.0 build and I maybe have 30 seconds to play with before it crashes from start up. Not even enough time to grab a log. I'm on Android Arm (FireTv).

Try going to the log directory and uploading the log to pastebin. If you use the log uploader, I suspect it won't show the issue b/c Kodi hasn't yet crashed. Run Kodi, let it crash, then grab the log file.
(2014-12-31, 08:37)Kib Wrote: From the two logs that were posted it seems to be an issue with an addon called istream. That means no support on this forum.

On the X4, I disabled iStream, and it still crashes. On my windows machine, I never had iStream enabled, so it's not that one. I'll keep trying.I also disabled SportsDevil, and, still crashes! ugh!
(2014-12-31, 09:08)steepens Wrote: I can't find istream in my video add-ons...??

(2014-12-31, 08:33)JoyDrop Wrote: Funny, I just made a post of this only an hour ago after just updating from 13.2 to the latest Helix 14.0 build and I maybe have 30 seconds to play with before it crashes from start up. Not even enough time to grab a log. I'm on Android Arm (FireTv).

Try going to the log directory and uploading the log to pastebin. If you use the log uploader, I suspect it won't show the issue b/c Kodi hasn't yet crashed. Run Kodi, let it crash, then grab the log file.

Thanks Steepens, but unfortunately, there isn't even enough time to get to that point before it crashes.
I did a Fresh Start about 30 mins ago and reconfigured - everything seems ok now
I uninstalled my istream add-on, but it still crashed less that a minute from start up of the program. That makes 6 crashes in less than 24 hrs.
(2014-12-31, 09:27)JoyDrop Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 09:08)steepens Wrote: I can't find istream in my video add-ons...??

Thanks Steepens, but unfortunately, there isn't even enough time to get to that point before it crashes.

JoyDrop- you don't need to use the Kodi log uploader to access the log file- it can be accessed outside of Kodi. Use your file manage to navigate to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
(2014-12-31, 08:33)Kib Wrote: @steepens:

Remove all your unsupported illegal video streaming add-ons, and try again to see if it is still crashing. If yes, post a new log. If not, you just discovered why they are unsupported.

My money is on the last option.

Oh I see, so Kodi is an attempt to dis-associate (at least in appearance) from all prior streaming add-ons that helped make XBMC so likeable? It looks like I won't get my answers here then.
(2014-12-31, 10:11)innovator4life Wrote:

Remove all your unsupported illegal video streaming add-ons, and try again to see if it is still crashing. If yes, post a new log. If not, you just discovered why they are unsupported.

Oh I see, so Kodi is an attempt to dis-associate (at least in appearance) from all prior streaming add-ons that helped make XBMC so likeable? It looks like I won't get my answers here then.

LMFAO, it has nothing to do with Kodi and illegal video addons...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-12-31, 10:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 10:11)innovator4life Wrote:

LMFAO, it has nothing to do with Kodi and illegal video addons...
Okay. That helps. Thank you. Any Idea what it does have to do with?
to narrow down what is causing it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-12-31, 10:31)Martijn Wrote: to narrow down what is causing it

Problem seems to be from external repos... not the addons...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue2