• 5(current)
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue
Mine did too ... But once the fix was installed and rebooted mine was/is ok! Try downloading the repo again and hopefully that should cure it.

To be honest was a good 30mins of crashing & rebooting before it was sorted Sad

It's a shame one faulty update via a 3rd party repo kills Kodi totally!
What exactly do you do. i went to install from zip and isteam, crash fix it shoed in right corner enabled, went to video add ons ans crak fix shows enabled but still closes after 30 seconds.

If i go to available updates i have 2

xunity talk istream extensions
istream

if i try to manually update them it closes xbmx so i am sure its these 2 programs that close xbmc.

if i unplug internet turn on xmbc then pug internet back in its ok i can watch fils i gess this is because they have no intenet when try to update.

i have turned off auto update but it will still close if turn on xbmc with internet connected.

I hope they will bring out fixes as the last one doesn't work for me
I also just uninstalled ALL traces of anything Xunity as well as turned off Auto-Updates based on others recommendations, but still the same crashes. I won't be updating the 3rd party "fix" and will continue to have it deleted from my system.

For what it's worth, here is my debug log I managed to obtain:
Debug Log

Planned on staying in and just watching flicks, but I think now calls for going out, spending cash and getting smashed. Happy New Years to ALL!
Guys I think I've finally found a temporary fix.

Looks like Kodi instead of labeling "dead" repos and addons WHICH NEED AN ONLINE CONNECTION and FAIL TO CONNECT TO THEIR SERVER as "broken", it crashes.

What I've done is; go to the logs, checked which of these REPO's and ADDONS did show an ERROR and either delete and/or disable. Disable seems to work fine.

After doing this, everything you should be back working fine and not crashing.

Check your logs guys. The problem ain't Xunity and iStream only.

This is my debug log from when it was crashing:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=388869

This is my debug log now... it's not crashing:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=388972
how do you check logs? and what does it say so you know which to disable?

thanks
*UPDATE* and credit goes @NoelF1 for this. I got my log report from the Kodi Uploader, viewed all 'errors' and deleted the repos that were listed as errors. Rebooted and *so far*, there has been no crash. So to confirm, this is no issue with Kodi, but rather with certain repositories that are messing things up in a big way.

Still going to drink a few too many though. ;D
IMHO this sort of thing shouldn't crash kodi. Still a bug that needs sorting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-31, 23:43)bpooljay Wrote: how do you check logs? and what does it say so you know which to disable?

thanks

Turn off your internet connection> enter Kodi>go into Programs>click on Kodi Log Uploader. If you have set up your email address, the log reports will go there and you can view your log and/or upload here in hopes someone will take a look at it and try to source the issue.
(2014-12-31, 23:43)bpooljay Wrote: how do you check logs? and what does it say so you know which to disable?

thanks

To check your logs you need to go on Local Disk C and go through this folder path: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi"
and open the file named Kodi.log and check the ERRORS. Which should indicate which repo's and addon's aren't working.

USERNAME is the name of your windows profile. (Choose the one which you are currently logged on).

AppData might not appear in your USERNAME folder. This is because the folder is hidden. To show hidden folders you need to go to the window menu click on VIEW and choose the option "Show Hidden folders" or "Hidden items" (in Windows 8.1). Forgot how to do this in Win 7 though.
Thumbs Up 
(2014-12-31, 23:53)nickr Wrote: IMHO this sort of thing shouldn't crash kodi. Still a bug that needs sorting.

Let's hope these bugs get fixed sooner than later man.

(2014-12-31, 23:55)NoelF1 Wrote:

thanks

To check your logs you need to go on Local Disk C and go through this folder path: "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi"
and open the file named Kodi.log and check the ERRORS. Which should indicate which repo's and addon's aren't working.

USERNAME is the name of your windows profile. (Choose the one which you are currently logged on).

AppData might not appear in your USERNAME folder. This is because the folder is hidden. To show hidden folders you need to go to the window menu click on VIEW and choose the option "Show Hidden folders" or "Hidden items" (in Windows 8.1). Forgot how to do this in Win 7 though.

NoelF1, is there an easy way to check your logs using this method with an un-rooted FireTV with SIMPLE instructions?
Right my system has stopped turning off/crashing

what i did

went to settings, add ons and install from zip, clicked istream and then clicked crash fix zip, it said crash fix enabled in bottom right hand corner.

I went to add ons and crash fix was there and enabled so i turned of mains tried again and it turned off crashed again.

I have only had my box 1 day so thought that was it and it didn't work anyway 1 hr later i was just searching through and found

programs then clicked program add ons and saw crash fix so i just clicked it and it did some installing and i saw istream updated in right hand bottom corner so i turned off at mains and 15 mins later its still on working fine.

I was unaware you had to click in the programs crash fix as only had 1 day, so anyone who like me was unsure here it is sorted.

Just for reference as mentioned in previous post i am on an android box, if you unplug internet you can get in system and play around you can also then plug in internet and watch films etc as i have done all afternoon.

I had 2 programs that couldn't update

istream

i just have istream there now the fix must have updated the xunity program which was causing the crash.

Hope this helps some of you as i don't think you need to delete repos etc,

thanks again for the help
Cheers guys !

@nickr, usually XBMC/KODI should list these as broken since they seem to be incompatible with it after the update or went dead.

You can have a look at the logs I've posted previously to check into this.

(2014-12-31, 23:51)JoyDrop Wrote: *UPDATE* and credit goes @NoelF1 for this. I got my log report from the Kodi Uploader, viewed all 'errors' and deleted the repos that were listed as errors. Rebooted and *so far*, there has been no crash. So to confirm, this is no issue with Kodi, but rather with certain repositories that are messing things up in a big way.

Still going to drink a few too many though. ;D

(2014-12-31, 23:53)nickr Wrote: IMHO this sort of thing shouldn't crash kodi. Still a bug that needs sorting.

(2014-12-31, 23:56)JoyDrop Wrote:

thanks

NoelF1, is there an easy way to check your logs using this method with an un-rooted FireTV with SIMPLE instructions?
all still working here so think the zip fixes it, im not comfortable enough on the repos etc yet so don't want to delete any dead repos etc but sure may as well get rid if not working

Thanks all again and hope you can all post everythings fine now Smile
JoyDrop, I believe since FireTV is Android based you can install or sideload a file explorer such as ES File Explorer.

I've got XBMC 13.2 Gotham on my Nexus 7 2nd gen Tablet and to access my logs I open ES File Explorer and go through this path to find my logs.
Android/Data/org.xbmc.xmbc/files/xbmc/temp and there should be xbmc.log/kodi.log

PS. my tablet is unrooted too with Android version 5.0 Lollipop.

(2014-12-31, 23:56)JoyDrop Wrote:

thanks

Well, I didn't advise to delete repo's and/or addons. Simply disabling them seems to solve the problem. I'm sure many of them will be fixed as time passes by.
I deleted xunity and istream because I realized that I never use them. Wink

(2015-01-01, 00:02)bpooljay Wrote: Right my system has stopped turning off/crashing

what i did

went to settings, add ons and install from zip, clicked istream and then clicked crash fix zip, it said crash fix enabled in bottom right hand corner.

I went to add ons and crash fix was there and enabled so i turned of mains tried again and it turned off crashed again.

I have only had my box 1 day so thought that was it and it didn't work anyway 1 hr later i was just searching through and found

programs then clicked program add ons and saw crash fix so i just clicked it and it did some installing and i saw istream updated in right hand bottom corner so i turned off at mains and 15 mins later its still on working fine.

I was unaware you had to click in the programs crash fix as only had 1 day, so anyone who like me was unsure here it is sorted.

Just for reference as mentioned in previous post i am on an android box, if you unplug internet you can get in system and play around you can also then plug in internet and watch films etc as i have done all afternoon.

I had 2 programs that couldn't update

istream

i just have istream there now the fix must have updated the xunity program which was causing the crash.

Hope this helps some of you as i don't think you need to delete repos etc,

thanks again for the help
Yes i never mean't anything from that, that's why i said in last post if you can delete old repos thats a good thing but im not comfortable enough with the system yet to do that, So the zip is fine to use for now.

Hope you got your system working again too. Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi just started crashing out of the blue2