Win Stream Fails after a couple of seconds.
Hi,

I am trying to replace an older generation Xbox360 extender with a RaspberryPi. Having an issue.
I have the latest Helix release from RASPBMC. My Pi is the model B.

Everything seems to be correct on the WMC Server end.
  • running 1175 of Serverwmc
  • running 3.108 of the Raspberry PVR Client
  • Activated Mpg2 Codecs
  • Cannot stream any WTV or Live TV to the PI
  • Cannot stream wtv or Live tv to a windows Kodi Client either
  • Can see the Recorded Live TV episodes in "recorded TV" but cannot playback
  • Can see the EPG data fine, can see channel data fine.
  • Cannot see channel Logo's (I have Mychannel Logo's installed on WMC EPG machine)
  • i have checked firewalls and even added manual entries for 9080 to Serverwmc.Uninstalled Remote Potato as i think it was using 9080 aswell.
Not sure what else i can check

Here's my log from the WIndows backend.

http://pastebin.com/NDzR8hMh

Any clues would be immensely helpful.

Thankyou

I should add that i was able to play a WTV file from the "recorded TV" path using Kodi's File manager and mapping to the SMB from there.This would tend to rule out NTFS or account credential issues?
Yeah I would think it would rule that out too, however the swmc says the problem is:

2015/01/03 17:49:02.650 StreamStartError> client 'raspbmc' reports error opening stream, will close stream down
2015/01/03 17:49:02.650 StreamStartError> client 'raspbmc' path to stream file: 'smb://michandchel:***************@MEDIACENTER/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_raspbmc_DVB-T_1_2015_01_03_17_48_59.ts'

which means the pi can't access this folder. If you have entered the same credentials that you entered for the kodi smb path then I am confused as to why it is not working too. When you say 'Cannot stream wtv or Live tv to a windows Kodi Client either', is this client on a remote machine?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
it definitely sounds like a file/share permissions error. make sure you didnt make a typo on the username or password!
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks,

I will triple check the user Credentials.

Out of curiosity, if i play back a .wtv file from the "Recorded TV" folder, does it transcode to a .ts file in the TempSWMC?. I figured if the User Credentials were incorrect, i would not be able to even list the recorded tv directory.

I wonder if it is only the tempSWMC folder which has an issue, with permissions as you say.

Also, would the missing channel logos be a separate issue or somehow related?

I loaded the windows Kodi client onto a windows laptop as a troubleshooting step to eliminate the PVR plugin as a cause. The Laptop client would not stream either so it is definately a backend issue.
We only have to convert to .ts for active .wtv files i.e. wtv files that are actively capturing tuner output. Also we aren't really transcoding, we are just repackaging the data from wtv packets to ts packets, which is far less intensive

You can see a list of the wtv files because the list of file names (just like EPG data) is sent using a socket connection - its doesn't require access to the rec tv folder. But when you actually play the wtv file, it needs access to the recorded tv folder to get the video data - just like a live stream. Channel logos also won't work if the client machine doesn't have access to the rec tv folder.
I dont think it is permissions based. I have confirmed over and over that the recorded tv folder is accessible from the Client.

I believe it might be port related. i am going to change the port to 9085 see it that helps.
If the port wasn't working you wouldn't have the epg data or the list of wtv files - in fact you would have no conneciton at all, so it can't be the problem.
ok,

So changing the port is not it since that is the socket connection i assume.

I'm stumped.
Well, i solved it.

I unticked the option for SMB Credentials in serverWMC. It turns out my SMB connection did not need any authentication at all. Even though i had the correct username and password entered, it just would not connect.

Happy now and i see ServerWMC is has come along way from when i did some testing a few months ago. You guys doing a fantastic Job of bringing live TV to Kodi.

Back in the day, when extenders were the rage, there was all that talk of Softsledge to try and mimc WMC on cheaper easy to build hardware. Never got anywhere but Kodi with Serverwmc (or other PVR solutions) has now replaced so called "Extenders" and the PI is the ultimate low power/low footprint media center.

The only thing that seems "unintuitive" is the recording functions in Kodi after using the WMC EPG which cant be beaten for simplicity.

Thanks for all your work with the PVR addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream Fails after a couple of seconds.0