• 7(current)
WIP Experimental simple deinterlacing
Hi koying,

i try to follow the development-steps but it is a little bit difficult at the moment :-) because of the lot of different (*bmc) versions.

That is why I have some questions:

Now there is existing a new Helic 14.1 stable - but deinterlacing and other image-improvements are not implemented and will not be implemented in helix anymore - is it right ?
In the opposit to that, I would expect, that the "full video-improvement package" :-) will be implemented in the next SPMC-version - right?

How you would describe the situation of autodetection for deinterlacing or/and pre-settings for deinterlacing? Do you see a realistic chance to develop and implement that?

And - last question - could it be, that there are some other improvements made in the last days for video-hardware-decoding? I saw some "Request-merges" for DVDPlayer of FernetMenta as well.
I tested yesterday with a kodi nightly from the 31st jan. - and recognized, that my Player was able to decode ALL H264- video with enabled libstagefright and enabled active deinterlacing completely smooth without any stutterer... Some weeks ago that had would have been unthinkable...I was estonished, that f.i. 720p video was running full smooth with active deinterlacing (BOB-inverted)

So thanks once again for your and the other developers great work !!

SaEt9000
(2015-02-04, 16:03)SaEt9000 Wrote: Now there is existing a new Helic 14.1 stable - but deinterlacing and other image-improvements are not implemented and will not be implemented in helix anymore - is it right ?
Right

(2015-02-04, 16:03)SaEt9000 Wrote: In the opposit to that, I would expect, that the "full video-improvement package" :-) will be implemented in the next SPMC-version - right?
Right

(2015-02-04, 16:03)SaEt9000 Wrote: How you would describe the situation of autodetection for deinterlacing or/and pre-settings for deinterlacing? Do you see a realistic chance to develop and implement that?
Still undecided. I cannot do only autodetection, because some droid devices do a pretty good job of de-interlacing when decoding, and then the gles de-interlacing is unnecessary, and actually degrades quality. I'll probably do detection + advanced settings, but I'm nowhere.

(2015-02-04, 16:03)SaEt9000 Wrote: And - last question - could it be, that there are some other improvements made in the last days for video-hardware-decoding? I saw some "Request-merges" for DVDPlayer of FernetMenta as well.
I tested yesterday with a kodi nightly from the 31st jan. - and recognized, that my Player was able to decode ALL H264- video with enabled libstagefright and enabled active deinterlacing completely smooth without any stutterer... Some weeks ago that had would have been unthinkable...I was estonished, that f.i. 720p video was running full smooth with active deinterlacing (BOB-inverted)
Very possible/probable. I cannot keep up with the commits going in every day Wink
(2015-02-04, 16:18)Koying Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 16:03)SaEt9000 Wrote: How you would describe the situation of autodetection for deinterlacing or/and pre-settings for deinterlacing? Do you see a realistic chance to develop and implement that?
... some droid devices do a pretty good job of de-interlacing when decoding, ...

What are these devices doing a good deinterlacing job? That I would really like to know. Thanks for any Info Smile

Regards
Vlaves
(2015-02-05, 11:19)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 16:18)Koying Wrote:
... some droid devices do a pretty good job of de-interlacing when decoding, ...

What are these devices doing a good deinterlacing job? That I would really like to know. Thanks for any Info Smile

Regards
Vlaves

Aml based devices, such as the wetek play do a very good job at deinterlacing.
Still undecided. I cannot do only autodetection, because some droid devices do a pretty good job of de-interlacing when decoding, and then the gles de-interlacing is unnecessary, and actually degrades quality. I'll probably do detection + advanced settings, but I'm nowhere.

"Detection + advanced settings"sounds like a very good idea :-)

Thanks
SaEt9000
+1
Detection + Advancedsettings would be great!

Greets
Zodac
(2015-02-05, 12:20)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 11:19)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-02-04, 16:18)Koying Wrote: ... some droid devices do a pretty good job of de-interlacing when decoding, ...

Regards
Vlaves

And the wetek play is doing that good deinterlacing under Android? Or is it just under Linux?
(2015-02-05, 17:02)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 12:20)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 11:19)Vlaves Wrote: What are these devices doing a good deinterlacing job? That I would really like to know. Thanks for any Info Smile

Regards
Vlaves

And the wetek play is doing that good deinterlacing under Android? Or is it just under Linux?

Better with openelec imo, but even in android its as good as my Pi2
(2015-02-05, 19:31)tdw197 Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 17:02)Vlaves Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 12:20)tdw197 Wrote: Aml based devices, such as the wetek play do a very good job at deinterlacing.

Better with openelec imo, but even in android its as good as my Pi2

Wow, sounds good. Which deinterlacing is used under Android? Maybe someone knows.

Thanks for the Information Smile

Regards
Vlaves
amlogic kernel side deinterlacing - aml magic...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Noticed on the ADT-1 that image shakes with interlacing on (both bobs). Turning it of stops the shaking
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
both boobs? *burhahaha*
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I tried the nightly on my FireTV and man what a difference. Good work.

So are we going to have to wait for Kodi 15 for this or is there a chance it could get into a 14.x release?

Edit: Never mind, saw in a earlier post it won't be in 14.x

Will wait for a 14.x version of SPMC then :-)
(2015-02-06, 00:32)Martijn Wrote: Noticed on the ADT-1 that image shakes with interlacing on (both bobs). Turning it of stops the shaking
Do you have a sample? I gave it a shot with what I have and didn't notice the bo... the shaking Wink
I just tried watching a 1080 .ts stream and the quality is low... switched over to another stream that was 720 and it was really good again... back to 1080 and it is low quality. Tried on another player and it plays fine and looks really good.

Any known issues with 1080 playback?

I have a MK802 V5 running the 2/5 Kodi 15 build.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental simple deinterlacing1