Connection to yatse remote lost
Hello,

When I start a video from my Android phone with Yatse it starts playing as expected, but after a minute or so the following happens:
  • The stop/pause/FF/FB buttons of the Yatse RC disappear and the option "files/playlists" disappears
  • A message "no connection appears" in Yatse if I try to start something else
  • I still have full control over the media center by means of its own RC, including starting, stopping and playing movies
  • Kodi hangs when I try to shut it down. I have to kill Kodi or to reboot the system to get going again

System configurationt:
  • Video server: ASUS K95V with Windows 8.0
  • Media player: Minix Neo-X8-H Mediabox with Android 4.4.2
  • Client software: Kodi V13.2, 13.3 or V14.0 all giving the same results
  • Remote control: Nexus 4 with Android 5.0.1 or Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with Android 4.4.2, both with Yatse 5.0.2: same results
  • Network: Ethernet to media player with Kodi, wifi to RC with Yatse

I tried to get a Kodi log, but there was no output. The Yatse log reports connection errors. Below are a few lines from the report. Here is the full report.

Any recommendation what can be wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Jan van Bekkum

Yatse log extract:
2015-01-04 08:05:13.513 Verbose/JsonRpc: d.a@234: Request : [{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":0,"method":"Player.GetActivePlayers"},{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Application.GetProperties","params":{"properties":["volume","muted"]}}]
2015-01-04 08:05:13.689 Warning/ImageLoader: c.a@380: getImageStream SocketTimeoutException : null
2015-01-04 08:05:16.711 Warning/ImageLoader: c.a@384: DownloadImage InterruptedIOException : timeout
2015-01-04 08:05:19.730 Warning/ImageLoader: c.a@380: getImageStream SocketTimeoutException : null
I would backup my Yatse settings, then delete the Yatse cache, then try again with default configuration. If it works then just restore your settings and enjoy.
Thanks for the proposal.

I tried what you propose, but no luck.

It is hard to believe that the issue is on the Yatse side, as Kodi cannot be stopped using its own RC after the error happens. At that stage Yatse is no longer involved I think.
It's possible that some software on your computer use the same port that XBMC / Kodi want to use.
In this case just change the Port in the Webserver part to something else like 8080 or any unused value.

Auto-detection of hosts requires multicast. Some routers does not support this or will block them by default. This will block Yatse auto-detection.
Also note that by default on Windows host Zeroconf is not enabled and require external software to be activated in XBMC / Kodi.
Thanks for your recommendations.

I did already try to change the port from 8080 to 8082, but that made no difference. Also zeroconf is activated.

It is perhaps important to note that Yatse has no problem detecting Kodi and everything runs fine until after a minute or so. I also don't have the problem when watching pictures or listening to music.
I ran additional tests with the following results:
  • Problem happens with Kodi 13.2, 13,3 and 14.0
  • Problem happens also when Kodi runs on a PC (Windows 8.0), not only when it runs on the Minix with Android
The log from the PC run is here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3E...file%2clog.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connection to yatse remote lost0