Android Is Kodi valuable to everyone?
Newbie with new fire tv stick. What does Kodi do for me? Sorry if dumb question. I don't have any sort of storage device for media, other than plugging a thumb drive with movies into the TV. I'm getting content from netflix and Hulu+ along with YouTube.
I have the Amazon Fire TV Utility App installed and set up, which is certainly helpful in side loading apps.
If you need to ask, you probably don't need it Smile
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
Went ahead and loaded it. So can I use Kodi to play an mp4 on a thumb drive inserted into the Samsung TV? The tv itself doesn't seem to have the correct codec.
The only way to make use of Kodi with a FireTV Stick is to either browse the various addons out there or browse local content that's been shared over your wireless network. Plugging a thumbdrive with your local content into your TV will be entirely useless, as Kodi has no way to access that content.
Thanks. I think I'll need to convert the audio files to something this 3-years-old Samsung can play. I'm sure Kodi will be valuable though and I'll probably get some sort of storage device. Won't want to connect to that with wifi though, too much bandwidth usage.
Ok... You're aware there's no other way to connect the sick to the network, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Kodi valuable to everyone?0