Help a noob out!
Hey guys
Been using xbmc for just over a year now and decided to upgrade to Kodi. Not to mention all addons weren't working anymore anyways so ya I "attempted" to upgrade but constantly run into the same issue.
Whenever I install, remove, wtv...I always get the same message:
E: Write error - write (28: No space left on device)
E: Can't mmap an empty file
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

....help!
iOS FAQ (wiki)
bump

a link to the iOS FAQ did me nothing. read it from top to bottom and it does not resolve my issue.
thx.
As you're quoting a "No space left on device" error message, I'd suggest that section 4.9 (Not enough space/memory) in the link that Ned highlighted would be a good starting point. It's not clear from your response if you missed that, or tried it to no avail.
I ran into the same issue of "No space left on device".

I read the faq, and ran the d -fk command as it was suggested. Two filesystems came back at 100%.

My issue is what comes next, as the faq does not explain how to go about deleting these files.
Is this done using the ssh application or from the Apple Tv directly.

Whichever way it is done, can someone please point me to the relevant FAQ (or walk me through it).

Thanks
for the record, I am trying to follow the steps listed in section 1.10 of the above linked FAQ, however when trying to install "afc2add", I get the same "No space" error (and am unable to install).
Connect using CyberDuck (wiki) using an SFTP connection, using the SSH username and password, and then navigate to the locations it mentions. Then you can select things and delete them using the GUI of CyberDuck.
I too am finding problems deleting the numerous files in /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental/

I see them there but do not know how to delete as I am a complete neophyte in using Terminal. I just want to be able to free up space so I can udpate to KODI from XMBC.

Can somebody direct a link or post on simple instructions how to do this? (section 4.9 may be for users with an understanding of Terminal). The link below is close but does not explain how to delete the files within LocalAndRental, etc.

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBMC_for_iOS_speci...e.2Fmemory

thanks in advance.
Ned Scott, you must have been typing this as I was asking the same questions as sabbaranks.

Thanks, I will try this now...
no success after several tries. What do I enter for "server"?
The IP address for the Apple TV 2.
(2015-05-11, 04:44)Ned Scott Wrote: Connect using CyberDuck (wiki) using an SFTP connection, using the SSH username and password, and then navigate to the locations it mentions. Then you can select things and delete them using the GUI of CyberDuck.

I will be trying this as soon as I get home from work. A few questions though:

1- Do do i use the SFTP connection via Putty?

2- What are the files I will be deleting?

3- If I have no settings that I want saved on my ATV2, can i just do a factory reset to open up space?

4- When playing around on the ATV2 i noticed I have a folder for Frodo and Gotham (I am currently on Gotham). Are the contents of Frodo still needed? When I update to Helix, will I still need to content of the Gotham folder?
1. I haven't used Putty before. I would recommend using Cyberduck (wiki) as I previously mentioned.

2. The ones in the folders listed on the iOS FAQ (wiki). The exact file names will be different for various ATV2s.

3. A factory reset will undo your jailbreak, so I wouldn't do that.

4. There shouldn't be separate folders for versions of XBMC. There should only be one XBMC folder that contains settings and such.
Never used Cyberduck before.
I just downloaded it and tried to connect.
I am not sure what to use at the Username and password thought? I tried my IP as user and 'alpine' as the pw, its not working.
I ended up figuring it out.
Thanks for your help.

Everything is working now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help a noob out!0