Kodi MirrorKast 1.0
********************************************************************************
********************************************************************************
i .. all posts on this forum will come with the following disclaimer
i did not graduate high school
i am dyslexic
i smoke medicinal marijuana daily
i have 0 energy for anything not tech
i spend 75% of my waking time writing/reading/tech
i am looking to help but also for a career path
i will be slowly posting many of my evernote recorded suggestions
i am constantly working on different sometimes innovative projects
i ... just ask for details
i f someone has already mentioned this i apologize in advance
------------------i will always lightly start a topic with an idea and wait for responses--------------------
-----------------------before fully pitching the concept or revealing any progress------------------------

kodi has zeroconf... kodi has http... kodi has xbmc official remote... kodi has yatse
kodi does not have mirrored media center mode kodi does not have a built in interface
or second hand method to steam one media centers commands to the other.
so simply my suggestion and it's simplest but most instructive terms

*allow user to follow these steps*

1.) Download kodi
2.) Install on primary computer desktop mac/win
3.) Install on device android/ios
4.) Allow simple connectivity between the two media centers via zeroconf and http
5.) Use touchscreen and Kodi 14.0 installed on Android/iOS on tablet or what have u
6.) Control the Kodi media center 14.0 on your windows/mac computer.

-full lagless control wysiwyg
-what you do on one device is mirrored on the next
-thus enabling you to open up kodi on android and open up kodi on pc and then sync
to have a tablet for example act as a full wysiwyg remote

WHY?
-if your like me and threw your 15" monitor into the trash a decade ago and hooked
ur rig up to the living room HDTV or if u just have a small junk computer that can fit
nicely into your tv's cabinet and can afford an hdmi graphics card then it's a no brainer

TO CLARIFY..
i am in no way suggesting a remote..... i am well aware of them and their limititations
however this could be an excellent feature for yatse or xbmc remote which i am now
suggesting to as well.. to be clear THIS MIRRORS YOUR XBMC, AN EXACT REPLICA
thus creating a TOUCHSCREEN media center for as big as you can buy a tv...
why ist the official xbmc remote not enough (assuming you have an ios device) - or other remote apps?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-06, 09:44)Memphiz Wrote: why ist the official xbmc remote not enough (assuming you have an ios device) - or other remote apps?

edited above

in other words i dont even have to look at my 7 inch tablet to control exactly what im doing on my hdtv...
Unless I'm missing something, this should be doable via an addon that grabs input and replicates it via json-rpc or the eventserver.
(2015-01-06, 11:08)wsnipex Wrote: Unless I'm missing something, this should be doable via an addon that grabs input and replicates it via json-rpc or the eventserver.

i could source the work out as i am novice at python but im going to learn it as fast as i can. if anyone has any interest in making this into a standard feature for kodi i would love for it to be taken that route.. but if it is not going to be implemented by xbmc (i hate calling it kodi... it will always be xbox media center to me) than im going to attempt to get a a few people who i can assist to help make an app for android in the play store or contact the yatse dev to find out if it can gain me any type of monetary value.. even if the app is .25c and i take a nickel i would be thrilled.... i know his remote offers in app purchases via plugins.. and i think he would be the one to talk too. but i digress, if know one wants to make a buck for an app that everyone would want once they know it existed than open source and free it is.
I totally didn't get your last posting. What do you need an android app for in the google play store which costs 25cents? Wat?

What wsnipex wanted to say is - that everything needed for your feature request is available via our python api - so it doesn't need to be implemented in core via c++ but could be out sourced as an kodi addon (oh yes i call it kodi - cause thats its name for god sake!). Such an addon (if done ok) can then even be added to the official repository. If 100000 people demand it after that it could even be shipped with kodi to make it even easier.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
i am loyal to KODI and it's devs but nothin wrong trying to squeeze a few pennies with a legit prog but instead of going to the yatse dev i chose to introduce this obvious idea first here where it belongs... if i can help in any way plz let me know. also keep me posted as of the status and of course look for more suggestions in my upcoming posts. at some point hopefully someone with a few bucks can help someone like me get on their feet and find a career path. i am unemployed and dyslexic and life has been a blast but a struggle as well. im 31 in February and i have 10 years worth of documented ideas and proof of concepts in my portfolio that i plan on unveiling in a timely manor... i like words so take it with a grain of salt when i say im trying to create a domino effect with my projects... stay tuned
Could you just clarify what your 25ct android app would do in regard to your feature request? ( still don't get it - sorry).
well nothing.. i mean if it's going to access the api's u already control than it would be something on your end that needs to be done. if the api's are open source i'm guessing i certainly don't have the skill to create what i want but i would make a great tester. i mentioned the quarter because i'm poor. i mentioned the quarter because i had initially first thought to email the developer of yatse because i know he already has sales from his unlocker and plugins so i was going to try and pitch the idea to him and perhaps receive a 1/4 of his sales for the concept. but two things happened. one i realized that open source should stay open source and two i figured it would take months or weeks at least to hear back from yatse and i knew you guys would be easier to talk to. if i could write from python everything i needed i would certainly make an effort to try to turn it into an app or plugin but i guess i was just being greedy. i just want to help and see it be created and use it..
Why are remotes not enough?

For example, if I want to hear music in the kitchen or the bath via wlan-speaker, it would be nice, if I could use a customized kodi on my tablet with only radio stations (perhaps only some favorites or sat-radio) and the music library on the server. No videos, no pictures, no wether. I could build my own gui with the fantastic skins of kodi and i looks like I wish.

Regards
just the ability to sync to kodi players to the same media on seperate devices..
just the user friendliness just the feel of looking at a 60" screen while your controlling the output
with an identical player on your phone or for example my 7" tablet is pretty exciting to me at least.

in order to answer your question no remotes are not enough for me when i know i could control
touches of all features not just the ones someone felt like programming into the remote.

your certainly right about building your custom skin great options to do that in some skins.. and with addons you can literally make your own is practically.

i love your idea about separating or having the ability to hide/show options of alllllllllllllllll kinds.

my latest post..... http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/156935/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ne updates on this?
(2015-01-14, 21:03)kaloschke Wrote: Why are remotes not enough?

For example, if I want to hear music in the kitchen or the bath via wlan-speaker, it would be nice, if I could use a customized kodi on my tablet with only radio stations (perhaps only some favorites or sat-radio) and the music library on the server. No videos, no pictures, no wether. I could build my own gui with the fantastic skins of kodi and i looks like I wish.

Regards

You can do this already:

1) Choose a skin that allows you to remove menus. Keep only the livetv/radio menu.

2) Make it go straight to the menu you want after kodi boots. This can be acomplished using autoexec.py -> http://kodi.wiki/view/Autoexec.py

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi MirrorKast 1.00