Kodi on Macbook pro keeps crashing
Hi all,

I recently tried to add live tv to my xbmc which I run on my MacBook Pro. When I was trying to install the live tv app, xbmc crashed. I tried to restart, but it kept crashing after 3 or 4 seconds. Before it crashes i see the following message in the corner of my screen: Argus TV Client, Connection Lost. I tried to completely delete xbmc and reinstall the newer version Kodi, but it still keeps crashing. Here's some info about my Mac

Kodi Version: Helix, 14.0
Platfrom: Macbook Pro, version 10.7.5
Install methode: dmg

Here's the crashreport my Mac gave:

http://pastebin.com/7fSJRYmm

I hope i gave all the info you guys need and I hope I did it the right way. Can someone help me?
Open a terminal and do

Code:
rm "~/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml"

After that you need to reconfigure most of the settings in Kodi you did already.

Also you should read PVR (wiki) for getting a feeling on how livetv works in Kodi. Of course it should not crash once it is activated by accident or in a non-configured state (the latter was your case i think). I try to get some opinions from other developers on how to prevent those crashes in the future.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your quick reply! However, when I try your solution I get the following error in terminal: No such file or directory
Did you copy & paste that line? its important to have the "~" in it. More manual approach would be to do it like that

Its also possible to do it without the "~" - you need to do this after opening the terminal.app without issueing any other commands before.

Code:
rm "Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml"

Again - use copy & paste to ensure that its not a typo on your side (might still be a typo on my side - because i am not infront of any mac right now).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Yes, I did cop & paste. I've tried both now, with and without the "~", but still the same error.
OSX > Finder > Go (Menu top left) > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/Kodi

That works. In that folder I see 5 other folders: addons, media, sounds, system, userdata and one .conf file. And very weird, when I go to userdata I do see the file guisesettings.xml. But when I try it via terminal, my mac doens't find it. What do I do with the file?
move to garbage bin
It's working! Thanks for the quick help!
alrighty today guys i have a similar issue:

mac pro running kodi, never had an issue before, now when i open kodi it says this:

my episodes script error

not sure what my episodes is? prolly a program add on but i cant find it under the route memphiz showed... nothing called my episodes is even in there?

might be time to re install perhaps?
debug log (wiki)
(2015-01-08, 20:43)j2048b Wrote: might be time to re install perhaps?
OSX > Finder > Go (Menu top left) > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Application Support/

Drag the Kodi folder you find in Application Support directory to the Trash and restart Kodi.

!! Warning you will have to setup Kodi afresh again just like a first time install !!

(2015-01-06, 14:40)BenLeenders Wrote: Hi all,

I recently tried to add live tv to my xbmc which I run on my MacBook Pro. When I was trying to install the live tv app, xbmc crashed. I tried to restart, but it kept crashing after 3 or 4 seconds. Before it crashes i see the following message in the corner of my screen: Argus TV Client, Connection Lost. I tried to completely delete xbmc and reinstall the newer version Kodi, but it still keeps crashing. Here's some info about my Mac

Kodi Version: Helix, 14.0
Platfrom: Macbook Pro, version 10.7.5
Install methode: dmg

Here's the crashreport my Mac gave:

http://pastebin.com/7fSJRYmm

I hope i gave all the info you guys need and I hope I did it the right way. Can someone help me?

I have been having the same problem with my AppleTV2. I have uninstalled XBMC which I previously had installed. I uninstalled Kodi. I am not a really tech-savvy person, but I've been following the instructions available in many places online, YouTube, etc.

I suppose I am wondering how I disable this Argus TV Client or the Live TV or PVR if I can not even open Kodi anymore.

Any advice would be appreciated. Apologize if this is a simple question.

Code:
rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml

Next time - post in the proper ios subforum ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Macbook pro keeps crashing0