• 25(current)
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)
(2015-04-24, 19:12)JSLee Wrote: TEST: While you're in Kodi set it to restart.. Does it come back up on screen?

Yes. I can restart without issues, no problems with display blacking out on my Sony TV.
Can this be powered on and off via a IR remote?
(2015-04-24, 23:28)stoffer1987 Wrote: Can this be powered on and off via a IR remote?

Provided it can send MCE compatible commands, yes.
(2015-04-24, 22:29)DocG Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 19:12)JSLee Wrote: TEST: While you're in Kodi set it to restart.. Does it come back up on screen?

Yes. I can restart without issues, no problems with display blacking out on my Sony TV.

Thanks DocG..

/Going to go cry in the corner now..
(2015-04-24, 23:28)stoffer1987 Wrote: Can this be powered on and off via a IR remote?
Yes. I use an xbox360 universal media remote with mine and it fully powers on and off with the remote without issue.

In regards to the Panasonic issue my NUC works fine with my Sony TV but isn't even recognised by my Panasonic TV. Screen just stays black when I turn the nuc on. An issue in working through atm as I'm considering buying another nuc to use in that room.
(2015-04-25, 00:29)JSLee Wrote: Thanks DocG..

That really sucks. Hope there's some way around this.

(2015-04-25, 00:31)Talos77 Wrote: In regards to the Panasonic issue my NUC works fine with my Sony TV but isn't even recognised by my Panasonic TV. Screen just stays black when I turn the nuc on. An issue in working through atm as I'm considering buying another nuc to use in that room.

Glad I don't have a Panasonic now. Only tested it with one of my Sony TVs (my only UHD TV), but now I'm wondering how it'd go with all my other TVs. Undecided
(2015-04-24, 19:12)JSLee Wrote: Need help...

Can someone with a Gen5 running OpenElec please test something for me please..

I am pretty sure I have worked out that it's my TV HDMI not picking up the HDMI signal.. But wanted to one last test..

I have not been able to duplicate my issue when I have my NUC plugged into my PC Monitor.. But on my Panasonic TV I can duplicate this issue every time..

TEST: While you're in Kodi set it to restart.. Does it come back up on screen?

I have a panasonic Plasma TV from 2010 or 2011 I forget exactly and works fine with my 5th Gen nun BUT that is with me using windows. I did not use Openelec because of the IR issue.
(2015-04-25, 04:09)Wiggum Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 19:12)JSLee Wrote: Need help...

Can someone with a Gen5 running OpenElec please test something for me please..

I am pretty sure I have worked out that it's my TV HDMI not picking up the HDMI signal.. But wanted to one last test..

I have not been able to duplicate my issue when I have my NUC plugged into my PC Monitor.. But on my Panasonic TV I can duplicate this issue every time..

TEST: While you're in Kodi set it to restart.. Does it come back up on screen?

I have a panasonic Plasma TV from 2010 or 2011 I forget exactly and works fine with my 5th Gen nun BUT that is with me using windows. I did not use Openelec because of the IR issue.

Ahhh I don't use IR.. I use Bluetooth remote.. works perfect Smile I actually disabled the IR because either my panasonic remote or fios remote was turning on my NUC..
(2015-04-25, 01:46)DocG Wrote:
(2015-04-25, 00:29)JSLee Wrote: Thanks DocG..

That really sucks. Hope there's some way around this.

(2015-04-25, 00:31)Talos77 Wrote: In regards to the Panasonic issue my NUC works fine with my Sony TV but isn't even recognised by my Panasonic TV. Screen just stays black when I turn the nuc on. An issue in working through atm as I'm considering buying another nuc to use in that room.

Glad I don't have a Panasonic now. Only tested it with one of my Sony TVs (my only UHD TV), but now I'm wondering how it'd go with all my other TVs. Undecided

I can get around it.. I just have to make some my TV completely powered off and clod boot my NUC.. All is fine if I shutdown and not reboot.. Smile
(2015-04-25, 00:31)Talos77 Wrote:
Yes. I use an xbox360 universal media remote with mine and it fully powers on and off with the remote without issue.

In regards to the Panasonic issue my NUC works fine with my Sony TV but isn't even recognised by my Panasonic TV. Screen just stays black when I turn the nuc on. An issue in working through atm as I'm considering buying another nuc to use in that room.

On Panasonic TV their been a few people with this issue what their did was do a factory reset (On TV) because one of the HDMI was set to Skip... Or rename it and unskip it works too..
Anyone upgrade to 15.04 & not having sound working for them?
Works for me. Please post a Debug Log.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sound in general is not working for me. I did an upgrade via software update. It looked like 15.04 installed properly but sound was gone. I've tried everything from reinstalling drivers to installing different drivers no dice. Only option seems to probably be a reinstall of the OS.
Anyone else has 24p audio sync issue with Win7 no matter what you do? 50/60 Hz or different media players all have to have a delay of ~300 ms.

I though it was the TV. But if I run kodibuntu the audio is in sync (even with 24p system setting). Though I don't really wanna switch to that. On Win7 I run 13.2 so I guess I could test 14.2 but it seems it's a Win7/NUC issue.

Right, I haven't tested the NUC with my monitors. Though monitors never have had problems with audio sync. So I guess it could be a mix of TV, NUC and Win7 issue.

5th gen NUC RYH.
(2015-04-29, 11:27)ioncype Wrote: Anyone else has 24p audio sync issue with Win7 no matter what you do? 50/60 Hz or different media players all have to have a delay of ~300 ms.

I though it was the TV. But if I run kodibuntu the audio is in sync (even with 24p system setting). Though I don't really wanna switch to that. On Win7 I run 13.2 so I guess I could test 14.2 but it seems it's a Win7/NUC issue.

Right, I haven't tested the NUC with my monitors. Though monitors never have had problems with audio sync. So I guess it could be a mix of TV, NUC and Win7 issue.

I'm on ubuntu trusty minimal 14.04
Also have to adust settings to increase audio delay by approximately this amount.
Seems the same for all sources though so it is "normal" in my case.

Possibly, *slightly* worse for non passthrough material.

(5th gen broadwell, i5 NUC)
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)6