Win Kodi-XBMC not running on Windows 7
Hi,

I have an old PC where I have been using XBMC Frodo.

Now I have updated to Windows 7 x86 and installed Kodi Helix. But when I run Kodi nothing happens except a few seconds of HD activity.

I have tried also with XBMC Gotham with the same results.

It is a new installation of Windows 7.

How can I set a log file if I can not run Kodi? I have read about creating advancedsettings.xml but where?

Thank you.
XBMC Frodo is working on this PC.
Is needed some extra installation for newest versions?
Tell us a little bit more about this "old PC": what gfx, what CPU, how much RAM etc., are all drivers up to date and so on.

And one of the best-liked mistakes when installing Kodi for the 1st time: just keep ALL ITEMS CHECKED that the installer suggests to install!!
Well, at least do so with the C++-redists and DirectX9... Wink
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
- AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (2 GHz)
- RAM 1 GB
- GeForce FX 5200 256MB

All items checked in installation.

Thanks.
1GB RAM seems too low to me: on my install, Kodi eats 230MBytes of RAM right now, and Win7 will surely use this 1GB almost for itself.
How much RAM is free right after booting?
Also, make sure you have an Nvidia driver installed, not that one from Microsoft.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi-XBMC not running on Windows 70