handleOpenURL xbmcremote://
Question 
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get lucky with someone who may have had the same idea I've had and system setup. I use iRule/OnControls to control everything in my theater and I'm hoping maybe I'm missing something or if not maybe the xbmcREMOTE development team for iOS can include this in an update.

I have the ability to launch the app through iRule/OnControls app on my iPad by pressing an icon using the handleOpenURL xbmcremote:// ... I'd like even further control, anyone know if we can launch the app straight to say the Movie screen or the Remote Control screen as well? I know I've seen thrid party xbmc remote apps do this like Xbmc Commander with "xbmccommander://movies", but this is by far the best app around still IMO.

Thanks guys

Frank
Also, because I have a few pi boxes running xbmc, i'd like to be able to launch the correct XBMC ip address location from the irule app with this url.. So if you have one in the living room and family room, and I'm in the family room launching it, the XBMC app changes to the family room location, it'd be interesting to use xbmcREMOTE://location2 or something etc...
Anyone have any input on this please?
Hi,

To get this right: You want to start an kodi/xbmc remote control app from an other remote control app (iRule). The kodi/xbmc remote control app should react on different arguments it gets via an url scheme.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
(2015-01-16, 13:17)rschiks Wrote: Hi,

To get this right: You want to start an kodi/xbmc remote control app from an other remote control app (iRule). The kodi/xbmc remote control app should react on different arguments it gets via an url scheme.

Correct, I'd like to be able to launch the app from the iRule/OnControls app remote and send the xbmcRemote to a specific part of the xbmcRemote App, or set the specfic XBMC device to control (ie. Family Room XBMC, Living Room XBMC, etc)
Ok, looks not that difficult to implement in my new app...see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=208371
Proud owner of comics42.shop 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
handleOpenURL xbmcremote://0