Since Kodi AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X8H
Hi guys,
this is apperently not a new issue, but it persits. Ever sinve I upraded from XBMC to Kodi I have a problem with playing TS-files. I start the video and it works fine. I stop the video and restart then I have only audio, but no video. I have to exit Kodi and restart in order to get video showing again.

I tried several TS-videos from different source - same results.

It seems to be related to the hardware codec (AML) in combinataion with the Minix X8H, because if i switch this codec of, the video is showing (too slow with stuttering)

I tried on all Kodi Betas and even Kodi 15.

The interesting thing is that this issue does not occur on the Minix version of XBMC. So the question would be, what is the difference in terms of the codec between Minix XBMC and Kodi. If I understand correctly ffmpeg was integrated into Kodi rather than using external library. Maybe the problem is in this area. Excuse my guessing, but i am far from being a programmer - just would like to get the box to run Big Grin

Can anyone help please?
I don't get it. Why do you guys make us ask for logs each and every time?
Do you somehow think we do no tests and that "I start the video and it works fine. I stop the video and restart then I have only audio, but no video." is sufficient for us to find a solution to the corner case you're experiencing?

In this case, my answer would be "works for me".
Hi

I've noticed the same problem on minix with latest 14.1 testing version but I have to say the black screem seems due to a sort of black panel over the playing video since I can notice the moving image on the border.

here's the log
http://pastebin.com/6AudY6VW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Kodi AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X8H1