Kodi nextPVR hangs at Buffering 0%
Forgot to mention also these few problem channels all played under standalone NextPVR without any problem,
I believe that I finally get my problem of buffering at 0% hanging fixed, but I do think the NextPVR addon can be improved by eliminating a glitch, which I suspected to be a timeout problem.

For reasons which are valid in the past, I use a separate isolated network from the internet network to operate the HDHomerun Prime TV tuners. Kodi, however, is getting the TV signals apparently from the internet network. So, when the signal is transferred from the isolated network to the internet network internally among routers, switches and network adapters, it may cause problems in some channels depending on the bitrates and transmission rates . I suspect that it may be timing or timeout determination in the addon module, as I could play these channels under standalone NextPVR. Since 2010 when I bought my first single tuner HDHomerun, I have upgraded all my equipment to gigabit Ethernet types. So, I decided to eliminate the isolated network and connect all the equipment, NAS, TV tuners, switches, network adapters and routers etc to the internet network. Apparently, this eliminate some delay in the signal transmission of the TV streams. After the consolidation to one network, all the channels play without problems, although there is still some clumpy channel switching using the NextPVR addon.
I give up. Yesterday after I consolidated the networks, everything seems to work fine. Today, CBS HD exhibited the same behavior, hanging at 0% buffering. Other channels seemed to work fine. CBS HD works on all other software including the standalone NextPVR. For all I know, it will work this afternoon, but the hit and miss needs to be eliminated.

I will stay with Windows Media Center with Windows 8/ Windows 7 for a while. I was preparing to see if I can switch over to Windows 10 without WMC. The X-New addon seems to work fine in Kodi providing subtitles, but the user interface is quite clunky.
Did anyone ever resolve this? My setup was running flawlessly until I upgraded to NPVR 3.48 recently. It happens on 3 different systems, running Openelec and standalone on Windows.
FYI, the new NextPVR 3.5.7 now has built-in support for the Ceton devices.
(2015-08-21, 20:16)bobrico Wrote: Did anyone ever resolve this? My setup was running flawlessly until I upgraded to NPVR 3.48 recently. It happens on 3 different systems, running Openelec and standalone on Windows.

I just found this thread doing a search for the problem.

Like you, I am having the same exact issue on multiple PCs. One Win 8.1 box and a Windows 10 box that I just built.

Setup is HD Homerun Prime w/ NextPVR 3.5.7 and Kodi 15.1.

On both PCs, all channels work fine except CNN and Fox Business Channel. Bothl hang at "0% buffering" when I try to view them as Live TV in Kodi.

They work flawlessly, however, in the HD Homerun Live View App, NextPVR itself and even in HDHomeRun's new Kodi add on (the one that runs under video).

This one seems to be an absolute gremlin, as I have an identical problem on two totally different systems that were each installed from scratch with no settings copied. It's even more maddening that those two channels view absolutely fine in all of the other apps.
Maybe Kodi's player doesn't like something in the streams from these channels.

If you do a recording on these channel, do these playback in Kodi? Do they playback in NextPVR?
^^^^Yes I think it has to do with the stream and KODI's abilty to handle what's thrown at it. I've got the same issue after recently getting HDhomerun and NextPVR setup. If you change your render and deinterlace settings, different channels will work but other channels won't anymore I haven't been able to find a catch-all setting. Even switched to the DSplayer version of KODI for a second but still had bad channels. Never got the Nextpvr filters from this post going though.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2090836
Any idea when this is going to be fixed in the newer builds? I've been having a problem all day with NBC running Kodi 15.0, upgraded to 15.1, tested 16.0 alpha, reverted to 14.0, and it finally worked when I reverted to 13.2. Running an HDHomeRun PRIME and NPVR 3.5.7 and getting the same issue as listed: several channels are hanging at 0% buffering. I'm going to continue trying to debug, but the immediate fix has been reverting to XBMC 13.2.
In my experience this issue is random as far as which channels are affected. Which channels don't work changes per day/session.

There's another thread discussing the same issue:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214096

Both that thread and this current one have views that are through the roof compared to other threads in the forum. Seems to be a very popular issue.

This is a total bummer, as Kodi + NextPVR + HDHomeRun have the potential to be a great combo.

I supplied my logs on the other thread. Really hoping someone can come up with a solution to this. I'm happy to supply more info if anyone needs it.
I started having this exact same issue a week or two ago. I've posted questions to the NextPVR and OSMC forum's thinking that the issue was with them, but it seemed as if I was the only one having this issue so I decided to see what I could learn from the Kodi forum's and I see that I am not alone. It appears to me that this has been going on since what appears to be the beginning of the year.

My setup:

Windows 7 Pro,
NextPVR 3.5.7
HDHomeRun Prime with Cable Card
Raspberry Pi 2
Gigibit Ethernet LAN

I initially setup my environment mid summer, and everything worked fine. I was running OpenElec 5.0.8, Kodi 14.2. I decided to try Kodi v15.2 Isengard, so I switched to OSMC, which was already Kodi 15.2 (OpenElec was still in beta at the time). This was when I first started having issues with the buffering at 0%.

For the past week or two, I've been trying different things to see if I can't figure out what is going on here. I've tried older versions of OSMC and the beta version of OpenElec. I'm currently on the same version that I had been using since midsummer, OpenElec 5.0.8. No matter what, I continue to have the Buffering at 0%.

My issue is very similar to what everyone else has been describing. This seems to be random, and only effects channels that would normally be over-the-air to me. (My cable provider sources all of those channels to me.) The regular cable channels seem to work just fine, its just the local channels that buffer for me. It started off with just a single channel being effected, then two or more. Some day's it can effect as many as five channels.

Question that I have is; has anyone been able to figure out what the issue is? I most certainly am not the only one who if effected by this, but I haven't read anything that sounds like there is a fix out there.

If there is a fix, please post what that might be.

Thanks

Daryl
I posted earlier about my experience with this issue on Windows 8.1. I have since bought an NVIDIA Shield and set Kodi up on there (Android TV). The issue happens there too, except it's not as bad. If a channel won't load, I can try it a few more times it will eventually load. But, that's the only difference. There are still random channels that don't load.
(2015-11-05, 05:19)rawk1971 Wrote: I posted earlier about my experience with this issue on Windows 8.1. I have since bought an NVIDIA Shield and set Kodi up on there (Android TV). The issue happens there too, except it's not as bad. If a channel won't load, I can try it a few more times it will eventually load. But, that's the only difference. There are still random channels that don't load.

Its obvious that there is an issue, but it doesn't seem like anyone is addressing it.

Daryl
Aloha, I am a newbie Kodi user and I had been getting similar results, this is my setup

Server System
Windows 10 Pro, Intel i5, GT 730, 16gb ram, 500gb ssd, wired gigabit
MySQL 5.7 for the client shared database
NextPVR 3.5.7
2x HDHomeRun Prime w/cable cards (6 tuners) to Comcast (in California - Bay Area)
MyMovies.dk also loads MS SQL Server 2014
PlayOn uPNP server

4x Client Systems
Windows 10 Pro, Intel NUC or Zotac ZBox Nano's, 4gb ram, 80gb hd, wired gigabit
Kodi 15.2 (with the advancedsettings.xml pointing to the above server)

I mentioned that I HAD been getting this buffering 0% nonsense for 2 weeks since I switched from Windows Media Center to Kodi / NextPVR
LOTS of messing around with settings, different decoders, codec packs, etc - finally found a combo that works for me

uninstalled all codec packs
downloaded ffdshow 1.3.4531 and did a standard install
downloaded madVR v0.89.16 and followed the installation text
set NextPVR video renderer to madVR
set NextPVR video and audio decoders to ffdshow
restarted NextPVR and it works with 100 HD channels, 17 SD channels, but no DRM support (future?)

I did change the Timeout When Starting Playback from 10 to 15 seconds
I also put a 1000ms delay on the channel change, not sure if this helps but it slows down my mother-in-law
no other settings changed in Kodi, no other repositories loaded, confluence skin, very vanilla installs
I honestly feel that the madVR was the key ingredient here, but I could be wrong, been there before...
Mike
I have this same problem, but which channels won't play (0% buffering) changes over time. Sometimes the problem is with MSNBC HD and other times the problem is with FOX NEWS HD and still other times both will play OK.

UPDATE
(2015-01-13, 04:51)HeadLearning Wrote: This is a bug in Helix. The only way I was able to resolve it was to revert back to Gotham. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214096

I can confirm this - the only way I was able to resolve this problem is to "revert back to Gotham."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi nextPVR hangs at Buffering 0%3