Live Sports Not Smooth
So I've been using Kodi and ServerWMC for a few weeks now and thought I had all of my settings pretty much dialed in, until I realized I hadn't really been watching any football at home. I tried watching one of the games yesterday and noticed that the playback was not smooth at all. It's hard to describe but it was just kind of had almost a time lapse video type of feeling too it. As if every other frame of the video was missing so there was no smoothness.

Is this is a Kodi issue or a ServerWMC issue? I guess I could try recording a game and seeing if the playback is the same or not, that might help rule something out. I tried playing with the deinterlacing setting but it didn't seem to make a difference. I believe I have it set to Auto.

Any other thoughts on some random setting I could tweak for this?
I watch football (a lot) and don't notice any problem. I do recall someone a while back saying something similar, but I can't recall if it got resolved. Definitely your idea about recording a game and watching it in kodi and comparing it to wmc is the best thing to try. When we do a live stream, we are just repacking the active wtv file to ts format and sending it on, we don't change anything in the video itself, so I think its doubtful it is serverwmc - but your test will tell.

For things to tweak, my go-to thing to try these days for playback issues is to tell users to turn off hardware acceleration in kodi. If you haven't tried that yet, give it a shot. There are a lot of settings in Settings>Video>Playback to tweak, in particular you might try playing with video/refresh rate matching settings (this might require advanced mode to see these options).

Let us know what you find.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
make sure youve set your de-interlacing settings in Kodi (while watching liveTV go to video options and enable interlacing/auot then also choose the Apply as default at the bottom of that menu). Also you can try turning on/off hardware acceleration (if you have it on turn it off or vice versa) to see if it changes your playback quality
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I have the "allow hardware acceleration" disabled already because it was giving me major problems a while back. I have decoding method set to hardware accelerated, should I change that to software?

Deinterlace video is set to Auto and deinterlace method is set to auto select.

I recorded some and played it back with kodi and it was still jittery.

I'm going to have ServerWMC keep the stream and try playing that in WMC and see how it goes...
But does wmc play it without jitter?
I'm not quite sure what's going on. I tried playing the WTV file in WMC and it was bizarre. In the video, the players go from moving normal to moving in super speed, then back to normal, then back back to super speed. All the while, the time counter of the recording is moving normally not jumping or anything. When I play the TS file in VLC it still looks like the original jitter is there. But when I move that same file to my other PC it isn't noticeable.

When I watch the game live on WMC though, it plays just fine. No jittering at all. So part of me feels like it's some kind of hardware deficiency (because of the TS file) but then why would WMC play the live game just fine?

EDIT: The jumping around from normal to "super speed" was some kind of glitch in Windows. I did a system restore and that got fixed.
Do you still have the setting debug_requestallrecordings set to true? if you do, set it to false.then save and restart swmc
(2015-01-13, 09:06)krustyreturns Wrote: Do you still have the setting debug_requestallrecordings set to true? if you do, set it to false.then save and restart swmc

Yikes, I don't even know what or where that setting is! I'll dig around for it when I get home and see if that might solve the problem. Thanks.
I might have you mixed up with another user, but its worth checking.
This definitely sounds like a de-interlacing issue in Kodi. Do you get the same issues if you watch other native interlaced content?

If you are in the US then normally NBC, CBS and PBS are 1080i - so news, entertainment and sport on these channels will be interlaced. (ABC and FOX usually use 720p so are always progressive) (*)

(*) Some affiliates don't match their network format and cross convert though (so there are 720p NBC/CBS/PBS stations...)

If you are in Europe - let me know which country and stations judder and I'll do some digging.
(2015-01-16, 11:09)noggin Wrote: This definitely sounds like a de-interlacing issue in Kodi. Do you get the same issues if you watch other native interlaced content?

If you are in the US then normally NBC, CBS and PBS are 1080i - so news, entertainment and sport on these channels will be interlaced. (ABC and FOX usually use 720p so are always progressive) (*)

(*) Some affiliates don't match their network format and cross convert though (so there are 720p NBC/CBS/PBS stations...)

If you are in Europe - let me know which country and stations judder and I'll do some digging.

Hi noggin. I'm in the US and have Comcast. I don't really have any issues on any specific channels, the only playback issues I've noticed so far have been with football. And even while watching football on ESPN let's say, the game will be jittery but when it goes to commercial the playback is just fine. I can live if it's just football because I could always just use WMC to watch specific games if necessary. My concern is when it's baseball season and this happens with baseball too, I'm a huge baseball fan.

Thanks for your help.

(2015-01-13, 09:06)krustyreturns Wrote: Do you still have the setting debug_requestallrecordings set to true? if you do, set it to false.then save and restart swmc

For what it's worth, this was already set to false.
element,

Does a recorded wtv file have this jitter problem when played in kodi? Not a wtv file is actively being recorded to, but one that has finished recording. I want to know if this is just a ts problem.
(2015-01-18, 04:32)krustyreturns Wrote: element,

Does a recorded wtv file have this jitter problem when played in kodi? Not a wtv file is actively being recorded to, but one that has finished recording. I want to know if this is just a ts problem.

I just set one of the playoff games to record today, I'll report back later once I give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live Sports Not Smooth0