Commerical Skip
Thanks for this, just tried it out here. I set it to "Dialog", but it didn't work still, then I switched to "Always", and now it's skipping commercials automatically (I also restart Kodi a couple times in between toggling those settings). Cheers! I'm on Kodi 16 RC 3, mythtv .27 running in a Docker in unRAID 6.1.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized the age of this thread...nevertheless, it solved my problem, so it's still relevant.
HTPC: Win10 Pro, Kodi 17.4, NVIDIA GeForce 1080TI
Desk: 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display (2017), Kodi 17.4
Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9", Kodi
PVR Backend: tvheadend via Docker engine in unRAID 6.6.1
Glad I found this thread. Never have been able to get commercial skipping to work either and now have something to try when we get home from our winter trip. Looking forward to having it working.
I was wondering if anybody had any other tips to get this working. My addon is configured to "dialog" for commercial skipping, but nothing happens. Like others have said, my mythfrontend pops up with the commercial skip just fine, but Kodi doesn't.

Does the Kodi commercial skip dialog box just automatically pop up?
(2016-03-04, 21:43)wiz561 Wrote: I was wondering if anybody had any other tips to get this working. My addon is configured to "dialog" for commercial skipping, but nothing happens. Like others have said, my mythfrontend pops up with the commercial skip just fine, but Kodi doesn't.

Does the Kodi commercial skip dialog box just automatically pop up?

On my system in Kodi 16, if the program has commercials flagged, it will pop up a dialog box and ask if you want to use the EDL. If the backend does not flag the commercials or if I've already transcoded to remove commercials, then no dialog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commerical Skip0