Kodi Mysql Update Library issue (Scan for new content works)
The only other thing I can think of is that quite a few of your addons are not supported here. I'm not saying they are the cause of your issue necessarily, its just that its hard to tell with all that crap loaded.
I had an issue like that, sometimes on boot the xbmc install would try to load the library before it gets network access and when it fails it just boots into the default empty state. There's a setting that says to not try to load stuff before xbmc/kodi gets network.
I am testing by removing the addons that I don't need. I can always re-add them after. Worth a shot... thanks for the suggestion Helta. Ill let you know how it goes.
I think uninstalling the addons seems to have worked. Maybe one of them was causing an issue.

if anyone else has this problem, try uninstalling your addons and see if that fixes it.
I have this issue as well.

I add drive 1 (D1) which has archived seasons and scan for shows e.g. "Arrow". All the artwork and tvshow info is added to mysql database.
Library shows all archived Arrow episodes. Looking at files under Video shows info and artwork.

I add drive 2 (D2) which is a MythTV drive for recordings. After scan the banner artwork is shown but no tvshow info.
Library shows all archived Arrow episodes and recordings. Looking at files under Video shows artwork only, no info.

I add drive 3 (D3) which is a backup drive for 1Channel files.
Library shows only 1Channel files. The files under Video for D1 and D2 show no info and the artwork is replaced with the default folder icon.

I have added D3 first and then the others and the outcome is always the same. The last drive added (D1,D2, or D3) will replace the info in the library and the other drives will default to no info with default folder icon.

This started happening in Kodi.
I have an Amazon Fire TV with Kodi experiencing this very same problem. The only add on I have added is Aeon Nox and XMBC Library Auto Update (which obviously doesn't work) so I don't think it's the add-on issue.

However I may have the multipath issue, I'm not sure. Does this scenario qualify?

I have one source "TV shows" which has path \\nas\multimedia\tv shows

I have another source "Anime" which has path \\nas\multimedia\anime

Both sources have a content type of TV Shows.

Could that be the reason why I'm having the problem? Thanks all in advance.
do you still have this problem?
because i think that i can help you, i had the same problem with scanning for new files.
Hi Fandy69, YES I haven't fixed the problem yet. Would love to hear the fix. Thanks!
Hi,
For a long time started with Kodi 14, i had the problem that my movies and tv-shows were not scraping at all.
i looked at the source entries, but they didn't saved the content type. so, i thought i deleted the advancedsettings.xml and tried normal setup.
This worked flawless.. so, i dropped the case and waited till there was a new update.. and still every update had the same problem, even the final 15 isengard version. well.. Kodi 14 i thought, that this had to work.. but Kodi 15, ok, the database has changed, and that i would understand that it could be not working..

So, i found some info about deleting the database and thumbnail directories.. and it would create them new again. But still didn't work.. wait..
delete database.. uhm.. it is migrating an existing database from an earlier version. so, i deleted that one too (make a backup ofcoarse).
And then it finally worked with creating the new sources! So, there is something wrong with the migrating system of an earlier database!

I know, i had to scrape all of the content again.. took me some hours.. but it is worth it.. Kodi 15 final is really really fast!

so, first check if your content type is saved at your sources.. if not, then you have the same problem as i had..
Hey Fandy69, thanks for replying again.

The problem you're describing seems to be different from mine though. I can get it to scrape if I use "Scan for new content" when I'm on the content source under Video \ Files or when I'm on a TV show (this only finds new episodes for that show). The update library command though (which auto update invokes) does not find any content though.

Was that the problem you had? I'm sure I've tried dumping my library several times before but I'm willing to try again if it fixes this issue. Thanks again for reaching out
I had several problems including yours too!
I had my sources saved, and had to manually update the subfolder of my tvshows.. and i could do all subfolders manually, or i can wait and fix this problem.
I can remember that i had this problem when i went from 13.2 to 14.x until beta 15.x. When i waited till Kodi 15.0 got final, i tried again, but still not working..
Then i can imagine, that if there was something wrong with the migrating system from earlier versions to Kodi 15 Final, because the database views are different!
so, i backupped my database, else i had to create it again.. and scrape all over.. so, i backedup my database, i dropped it, and i installed Kodi 15 all over again. And when i run it, i could see Kodi creating the new database.
After that i created my sources again (not copy anything though) and i scraped the tv-shows first, because of the subfolders i use. And it worked! finally the sources saved also the content type..
Only in Kodi 14 it also saved it, but not scraped anything.. sometimes only one subfolder, sometimes 3.. and then it stopped.. but manually it worked.. but you know, it should work automatically! for all subfolders..

So, when i installed a clean Kodi 15.0 Final version, with no existing database which it would migrate from. It finally worked, and i am really happy about it!

I made sort of streaming server with auto downloading through sickbeard! and it really have to go automatically, else it needs so much work to administrate! :-P
Sickbeard has an update command who sends an update command to kodi when the download has finished, or when a folder has new files to add.
Very interesting. OK hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to try. Thanks again Fandy69 I'll let you know if it works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Mysql Update Library issue (Scan for new content works)0