Installing openelec on usb stick, need help!
Hey I just buyed a class 3.0 30g USB stick and im trying to use it as the main storage for openelec!

Im using the tutorial http://www.htpcbeginner.com/install-open...pberry-pi/ and I did all of the following it stated but when I run the pi I get an error saying "error in mount_flash: mount_part: Unknown Filesystem ***" Ask me for more info if needed, even if you might not have a clue of what your talking about please reply any help is useful!
Did you format the USB stick with the ext2 filesystem, and label it "Storage"?

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...__28USB_29
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-01-15, 03:40)Milhouse Wrote: Did you format the USB stick with the ext2 filesystem, and label it "Storage"?

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...__28USB_29

Yup, but i did ext4
Ext4 is fine. Did you add "disk=/dev/sda1" to cmdline.txt? Or maybe just posting up the contents of your cmdline.txt will be easier.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here is the cmdline... boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/sda1 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 ssh
Check the filesystem on the USB stick is really ext4, because it seems it is not. Did you use a Linux PC?
Actually, mount_flash would suggest the problem is with your FAT partition on the SD card, not USB. Try a different SD card, or reformat it.
(2015-01-15, 18:59)Milhouse Wrote: Actually, mount_flash would suggest the problem is with your FAT partition on the SD card, not USB. Try a different SD card, or reformat it.

Ok will try it
(2015-01-15, 18:59)Milhouse Wrote: Actually, mount_flash would suggest the problem is with your FAT partition on the SD card, not USB. Try a different SD card, or reformat it.

I reformatted it still the same problems, many ill try another sd card
Ok just tried another sd card, same error reported
I'm out of ideas. Was it working before you switched to using the USB?

Just try an OpenELEC disk image file, write the image to your SD card and boot that. If it works, then just amend your cmdline.txt with disk=/dev/sda1 and use your USB for /Storage.
(2015-01-16, 00:09)Milhouse Wrote: I'm out of ideas. Was it working before you switched to using the USB?

Just try an OpenELEC disk image file, write the image to your SD card and boot that. If it works, then just amend your cmdline.txt with disk=/dev/sda1 and use your USB for /Storage.

Ok ill try that, I did have xbmc running fine on the same machine but its trying to use the USB is the problems!
Tryed it, no work Sad maby its a broken pi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing openelec on usb stick, need help!0