Cant install xbmc kodi on kali linux
(2015-01-29, 00:48)nickr Wrote: Are you trying to turn on subtitles in your playback file, or are you trying to download a subtitle from the internet for a file that lacks them?

Where are these "volumeoptions".

Have toy read TFM? http://kodi.wiki/

the volumeoptions which i talk is in the main video window when playing pressing the speaker button right bottomside... other windows popup and on the top should be volume button and volumebutton for amplification those are in linux missing.

Subtitle option 2... lack of open that window to download the desired subtitle as in linux and windows64 now first time.

The keyboard problem have that sometimes in android and linux
Are you using passthrough audio?

Have you set up a subtitle provider like opensubtitles.org?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-01, 05:05)nickr Wrote: Are you using passthrough audio?

Have you set up a subtitle provider like opensubtitles.org?

I didnt touch the audio settings(kodi) but standard is on speakers or primary sound device in windows and even tried the hdmi setting but didnt help as in kodi as in windows device settings tried every option available

done the default providers opensubtitles subscene etc only EN, Dutch and french
Can you do a screenshot of these problems? Your posts are very confusing, you say you are running linux, but keep referring to windows.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
{Edit, isee you succesfuly install kodi lol just noticed}

It works now, well i has for me

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kod...nux#Debian

--HOW TO--
add line to repo file by typing command:
nano /etc/apt/sources.list

then add The deb link below to it, Press CTRL+X and say Y(yes) then hit enter to save file as same name:
deb http://http.debian.net/debian jessie-backports main

do following command in terminal:
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get kodi

Y

there you go Smile
I think that last command should be
Code:
sudo apt-get install kodi
nickr; I installed Kodi for Debian, there is no PVRs, can you point me as to how I can install PVR stalker and PVR Simple Client. Thanks
apt-cache search pvr
apt-get install whatever
I was able to compile Kodi Jarvis 16.1 onto Kali2016.1 rolling, and it works fine. I compile and load PVR Stalker 2.4.0, however when I enable LiveTV I get "An Unknown Error, Can't Load DLL".

When I check Kodi log I am getting :

ERROR: Unable to load /usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.stalker/pvr.stalker.so.2.4.0, reason: /usr/local/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.stalker/pvr.stalker.so.2.4.0: undefined symbol: GetCurrentClientChannel

I know it is a file permission issue but not sure where to start. The .so is in that location
It has nothin to do with file permissions ... you build the wrong addon, build the Jarvis branch of it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-23, 11:53)fritsch Wrote: It has nothin to do with file permissions ... you build the wrong addon, build the Jarvis branch of it.

fritsch,

Thanks, trying to re-compile getting this when I do

make

pvr.stalker/src/client.cpp:27:32: fatal error: platform/util/util.h: No such file or directory

I have kodi-platform-master and platform-master which is now p8-platform
(2016-05-18, 08:11)nickr Wrote: apt-cache search pvr
apt-get install whatever

Thanks but I did not see PVR stalker as an option.
Finally compile PVR>Stalker 1.0.10 0n Kodi Jarvis 16.1. Thanks to my Python coding. git clone -b jarvis PVR.stalker.git has a lot of broken coding that require fixing. Hope the author will correct this for the community.
Very Strange. I just came here to write a post asking for tips on getting Kodi to install on Kali. I tried the exact same steps two weeks ago and it just wouldn't install. When I did it today, it worked just fine. I'm sure I didn't do anything other than I normally would. I did nothing other than the hint from Mystogan's post above.

So I guess my question answered it's self. I'd be curious what's changed in the last 2 weeks to make it successful this time. Anyone trying to get it to work, it did for me with the above step.
(2015-01-16, 10:49)tavoc Wrote: Kali is a ubuntu based distro. It should work.
As which user are you working? Usually it is root with kali. Therefore you dont need sudo.

For ppa do: apt-get install python-software-properties

for add-apt-repository: look in /etc/apt/sources.list and add in by yourself

Or look for: http://www.blackmoreops.com/2014/02/21/k...epository/

Ahem...Kali is a Debian distro...Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant install xbmc kodi on kali linux1