[REVIEW] PiPO X7 Quadcore Windows Box for less than $100
The X7 doesn't (currently) support HD Audio in Windows 8.1 with Bing.

Nothing to do with Kodi - it's either a hardware or Windows driver limitation. However the support for 8 channel PCM suggests that Kodi decode (as on the Pi 2) will be a simple solution (and still lossless)

Other Baytrail processors were originally also unable to bitstream HD Audio - though a later driver update solved this - so it could be a similar situation.

Linux HDMI audio support of any kind has only just been hacked into Ubuntu - and I don't know if that has added HD Audio (think it may be PCM 2.0 at the moment?)

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/05/08/m...in-ubuntu/ (Minix Neo X64W has very similar SoC)
ok thank you very much !
BTW : I have O-droid with Ubuntu 14.04 and it doesn't yet decode audio HD neither

regards
(2015-05-12, 09:03)weyb Wrote: ok thank you very much !
BTW : I have O-droid with Ubuntu 14.04 and it doesn't yet decode audio HD neither

regards

The HD Audio decode is in the Pi 2 milhouse builds, not sure if it has got into Isengard mainline yet. Suspect it has, so if you can compile your own AND your Ubuntu 14.04 + ODroid support multichannel PCM then you may be able to get it to work. However ODdroid C1s and AVRs aren't always playing nice together...
I have this box for several months now (dual boot, android and Windows 10) I use android to run Kodi and Windows as a backup to my main computer. So far Kodi works excellent with one minor fault, the audio is not really very good, I have it on the highest setting using ear headsets and it is not very loud. I am going to load Kodi on the Windows platform to see if the audio output improves.
Is the pipo x10 is a product really existing? An android TV box shop http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/ provide it, but out of stock at present. I'm curious about if this tv box & mini pc will be the next generation pipo best seller or just a fictitious product.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REVIEW] PiPO X7 Quadcore Windows Box for less than $1000