• 14(current)
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes
Fixed it. Probably.
This has been bugging me for quite a while, and today I'm setting up a new backend system, concurrent with the old pi Kodi standalone. Virgin Openelec 6.0.3 Isengard, and after adding the NFS share, the TV scraper found all shows successfully, but not all episodes, missing out 12 Monkeys, Banshee, The Blacklist, to name a few. If this sounds familiar, keep reading.

I worked out it was only succesful on shows that were from Season 1. If I only had S2 or greater, the shows wouldn't scrape.

I have:
TV Shows/
|
12 Monkeys
| |
| Season 2
| |
| S02E03-Can't remember the episode title.
|
Foo
|
Season 1
|
S01E01-Scraped OK.

Hope it helps.

I'm about to try adding empty Season 1 folders everywhere, or batch renaming to have all episodes in each show's directory; no series subdirs.

Edit: Semi-success! None of that worked, but I installed the Movie Database additional scraper, ran the tv shows through that (now in TV Shows/Foo/S02E01-ep title, not .../Season 02/S02E01 - ), and every single episode was picked up, with the exception of Neighbours at war (I don't know why I have 1 episode of that, I just do).
Long-time issue for me as well - new shows are added *only* by manual refresh under "TV show information". Library update doesn't do anything. Checked debug log now and there stands:

Code:
295520   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/var/media/SPU3/TV/Power/' due to no change

But there definitely is one new dir with a new episode. Why is it ignored?

Background
Platform: RPi2
FS: EXT4 on USB local drive
Full debug: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23233804/
(2016-09-26, 18:13)matsalka Wrote: But there definitely is one new dir with a new episode. Why is it ignored?

Code:
<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
You don't need/want this when using ext4.
Quote:<usefasthash>true</usefasthash> <!-- defaults to true. Set to false in order to skip hashing based on the folders modification time. -->
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-27, 01:48)Milhouse Wrote:
Code:
<usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
You don't need/want this when using ext4.
I just found it and added for testing, will remove it right away. Episodes weren't added regardless of <usefasthash>.
Hello,

I encounter the exact same problem as @matsalka.
When new episodes are added in the season folder, they are not scrapped correctly.
But if I go on the TVShow information and choose to refresh all the TVShow information, new episodes are correctly added and I have to do that for every shows....
Library update at start, in the tvshows list or in a particular tv show isn't working.

TVshows are kept like this:

-Show Name 1

--- Season X

------ SHOWNAME.S0xE0x.EpisodeName.mp4

--- Season X

-Show Name 2

--- Season X

Any idea or any logs that I could check to have more information?

FYI: I use Kodi with latest OpenElec version on a rPi 3.
I was using OSMC but as I though this was the source of the problem, I recently switched to Openelec.
On my side, problem have been solved.

Issue was due to my HDD format.

It was previously using exFAT format and it seems that in this format modification date of folders isn't properly propagated.
That's why when a new TVShow is added, it's correctly added in Kodi but when a single episode is added to an existing folder, the modification date of the folder isn't modified so Kodi deosn't search for new episodes.

Now that my HDD is formated in FAT32, episodes are correctly detected Big Grin

Hope that my explanation is clear and that could help someone.
Why FAT32 and not NTFS,
Being that fat has a limitation

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
@TRaSH I'm also using this disk from a MAC which can't read NTFS for now. But yes, I'll probably format it in NTFS in a near future to get rid of this 4Go file size limitation.
This is in regards to the issue of a folder not changing its modification date if files are added to an existing directory, for example one episode added to an existing "season" directory (as episodes are released over a season). A strategy that I use is to put episodes in the root of the directory for that TV show and not collect them together into a season directory until all episodes for that season have been collected.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes0