• 7(current)
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes
@Everyone having scan issues..

Please invalidate all your path hashes by executing the following code.

Code:
UPDATE path SET strHash = ""

Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_SQL_...files_move for a list of tools.
This will trigger a forced rescan of your entire library on next run and update the hashes accordingly. No worries, It won´t create dupe entries.

1. Switch to Confluence in case you´re running another skin.
2. Enable debug logging in system settings.
3. Stop Kodi and manually invalidate all path hashes (see above)
4. Start Kodi and hit "Update Library" from Confluence´s side menu.
5. Add new files and hit "Update Library" again.
6. Save kodi.log and kodi.old.log so we can have a look at it later.

Please report back if the newly added movies/episodes were properly added. Thanks.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Btw, i've added a new advancedsettings.xml option 'usefasthash' (defaults to true) to workaround odd modify time issues on filesystem like eg. exFAT.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Test builds based on the upcoming Helix 14.2 are available on the mirrors.
I'll PR this later today.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-02-16, 11:27)mkortstiege Wrote: @Everyone having scan issues..

Please invalidate all your path hashes by executing the following code.

Code:
UPDATE path SET strHash = ""

Please check http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_SQL_...files_move for a list of tools.
This will trigger a forced rescan of your entire library on next run and update the hashes accordingly. No worries, It won´t create dupe entries.

1. Switch to Confluence in case you´re running another skin.
2. Enable debug logging in system settings.
3. Stop Kodi and manually invalidate all path hashes (see above)
4. Start Kodi and hit "Update Library" from Confluence´s side menu.
5. Add new files and hit "Update Library" again.
6. Save kodi.log and kodi.old.log so we can have a look at it later.

Please report back if the newly added movies/episodes were properly added. Thanks.

Since I'm using MySQL to share databases between my Amazon Fire TVs, I assume I'll need to look at this guide instead? http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Share_libra...s_In_MySQL
What's the command I need to run in MySQL's command line?
The UPDATE command will work for both. Sqlite with MySQL.
Thanks. I'll try to figure this out when I've got some time. I'm at work right now, so I can't really do anything currently.
Alright, here's what I did:

1) For good measure, I backed up the database, then dropped the databases in MySQL using "drop database myvideos90;" and "drop database myvideos91;" (I assume 91 exists due to using version 15 for a while)
2) Uninstalled Kodi on both AFTVs
3) Installed the 14.2 beta version you linked above
4) Pushed my advancedsettings.xml back over to them
5) Removed several videos from my TV show folders (shows that have been known to be problematic)
6) Opened Kodi
7) Re-added the video source to Kodi and had it re-scan. The initial scan found all episodes I left in the folders, and re-imported watched status
8) Enabled debugging
9) Exited Kodi
10) Invalidated hashes using the command you gave
11) Opened Kodi and ran a scan. It took longer than usual, I assume due to generating hashes again
12) Deleted the nfo files for the episodes I moved out, just so it would start fresh just in case
13) Added files back one TV series at a time, doing a library update in between each. It found all of the episodes for all of the shows except for "Parks and Recreation". For that show, it didn't find any of them
14) Closed Kodi
15) Copied the log file
16) Invalidated hashes again
17) Opened Kodi
18) Did a library update again. It found ALL of the "Parks and Recreation" episodes this time
19) Closed Kodi
20) Copied the log file

From this test, it seems pretty definitive to me that something is wrong with the hash checking.

Unfortunately, the log files are too large for me to put on pastebin since I do not have a pro account. Is there somewhere else you guys use that doesn't have a small file size limit?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to test the new advancedsettings.xml option before making this post. I just tested it, and it seems to have resolved the issue. Before making the change in advancedsettings.xml, it would not pick up a new episode. After closing Kodi, pushing the changed xml file, and opening Kodi again, it picked up the new episode. There's definitely something going on with the hash checking.
Thanks for testing. Logs arent needed right now. What filesystem do you use for the media shares?
In Computer Management, the individual drives are NTFS. However, they are in a FlexRAID storage pool and the pool itself shows to be FlexRAIDFS. It uses a driver to enable the pooling. I'm not really sure how the software works in the backend, but the end result is more or less a software RAID.
Just to clarify. You added new files to other shows as well and only "Parks and Recreation" failed to add?
I removed every episode of the current season except for the first one on four different shows. Since the initial scan seems to pick up all of the episodes without any issues, I wanted to make sure that at least one episode was left in the folder when the initial scan was performed so it would pick up the show but not all of the available episodes. Once the initial scan was done, I added the episodes back that I had removed and scanned again. The shows I did this with are: Constantine, Parks and Recreation, 12 Monkeys, and The Walking Dead. Of the four different shows, Parks and Recreation was the only one that did not pick up the episodes when I moved them back into the folder.

Does that make sense?
Unfortunately not. If it's a modify time issue the other shows should have been skipped as well. Mind double checking whether or not the modify time of the Parks and Recreation folder is getting updated when you copy/move new files to it? Maybe just a tvdb hickup? Please try to reproduce and pastebin the log file of that session.
It looks like the "Date Modified" on the Parks and Recreation folder has not updated since 10/17/2014. I'll have to try to reproduce it tonight when I get home from work.
(2015-02-17, 15:46)chaoticyeshua Wrote: It looks like the "Date Modified" on the Parks and Recreation folder has not updated since 10/17/2014. I'll have to try to reproduce it tonight when I get home from work.

Well, that at least would explain why the scanner is not picking up new stuff. Not sure why it behaves differently though. Maybe you should fsck it once.
I'd have to find the exact drive that holds that data in the storage pool and run chkdsk or something. It's a little more complicated than just running chkdsk, since I have five drives together in a pool.
You're sure it's not an exfat formatted drive? Smile j/k
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes0