• 8(current)
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes
It looks like running chkdsk on the drives isn't recommended according to the developers of FlexRAID. Sorry, I'd rather not risk somehow corrupting my storage pool. Is there anything else you can think of that I could try?

Even if there isn't, as long as disabling fasthash is kept as an option, it looks like this will resolve my problem.
Nope, sorry. Maybe the guys over at FlexRAID have an idea.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
One thought that I had, though, is that this was happening intermittently with those other shows as well, and their "Date Modified" is current.

I'll enable fasthash again, then verify the Date Modified on the folders when it happens again.
OK, please keep us posted.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just FYI to those of you who are using FlexRAID... this may resolve the issue, but I haven't been able to test yet:

1) Open the FlexRAID web client and log in
2) Select your storage pool
3) Go to Preferences and Settings
4) Expand Advanced Properties
5) Change "Directory changed date fix" from false to true
6) Save
7) Stop and start your storage pool
8) Create a dummy file in the folder for the TV show then delete it. The date modified on the folder should have changed

This seems to make the date modified on the folder change when files are added or removed. Hopefully this will allow fasthash to work. I happened to stumble upon this in the settings.
I know you're just trying things out, in regards to FlexRAID. Might you also change the filesystem from flexraidFS to NTFS? I use FlexRAID too and have not had the same problems as you. I've had this issue a couple times with some select shows, but I always used my workaround I posted earlier.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
What I am attempting is an educated guess based on my previous findings with mkortstiege. He said fasthash likely is not working because the modified date of the folders is not updating properly, and the FlexRAID configuration change resolved that. So far it has picked up four new episodes, including two episodes of Parks and Recreation which was never detected until making the change in FlexRAID. So far, this seems to have fixed the problem I've been having.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to disparage your efforts. I was merely making another suggestion to your flexraid config. I've made the directory changed date fix as well based on this thread. Haven't added anything today though, and haven't had any issues adding in a while.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Glad to hear the issue is kinda resolved.
(2015-02-16, 13:53)mkortstiege Wrote: Btw, i've added a new advancedsettings.xml option 'usefasthash' (defaults to true) to workaround odd modify time issues on filesystem like eg. exFAT.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Test builds based on the upcoming Helix 14.2 are available on the mirrors.
I'll PR this later today.

Thanks for adding this flag. It will really save my sanity. The last modify dates on my hard drive connected to my Asus RT-AC66U router insist on reverting back to 2014 even after i create new files or subfolders. Its the weirdest thing, the modify date & time updates but 2 minutes later it reverts back to 2014 timestamp. http://forum.kodi.tv/images/smilies/confused.png
That sounds a bit scary Wink
Hi,
I have nad this problem for a long time on my Win clients.
This weekend I got myself a Raspberry Pi2 running OpenELEC 5.0.3, and it would not scan any of my TV-shows. Movies work fine.
I am running an Ubuntu 14.04LTS server for all my content. Using SMB shares.

However if I add this line to the [global] section in my smb.conf, it all started working OK:
Code:
dos filetimes = yes

/A
(2015-02-18, 00:20)chaoticyeshua Wrote: Just FYI to those of you who are using FlexRAID... this may resolve the issue, but I haven't been able to test yet:

1) Open the FlexRAID web client and log in
2) Select your storage pool
3) Go to Preferences and Settings
4) Expand Advanced Properties
5) Change "Directory changed date fix" from false to true
6) Save
7) Stop and start your storage pool
8) Create a dummy file in the folder for the TV show then delete it. The date modified on the folder should have changed

This seems to make the date modified on the folder change when files are added or removed. Hopefully this will allow fasthash to work. I happened to stumble upon this in the settings.

So after I made this change, rebooted my server and then removed the tv source from the library then re-added it all the new episodes are adding just as you would expect.... I hope, ill keep you all updated if some dont add but they all seem to be now.
I am running Helix 14.1 and my library on a few external hard drives that are shared via SMB and I have had a few shows that don't pick up some episodes on both my windows machine and my Openelec machine. Everything has local NFO files created by vimediamanager and most of my drives are formatted exFat. When I changed the scraper from local nfo to TVdB and rescanned, it picked up the episodes that were missed. I never had this issue on the older drives that were formatted mac os extended journaled. Its only a few shows on the drive that it doesn't pick up when scanning local nfo's. Does the drive formatting have anything to do with it?
(2015-02-27, 00:39)JxPx Wrote: I am running Helix 14.1 and my library on a few external hard drives that are shared via SMB and I have had a few shows that don't pick up some episodes on both my windows machine and my Openelec machine. Everything has local NFO files created by vimediamanager and most of my drives are formatted exFat. When I changed the scraper from local nfo to TVdB and rescanned, it picked up the episodes that were missed. I never had this issue on the older drives that were formatted mac os extended journaled. Its only a few shows on the drive that it doesn't pick up when scanning local nfo's. Does the drive formatting have anything to do with it?

That's correct. Unfortunately exFat is not properly updating the modification time of your folders on changes and this is what the info scanner is heavily relying on. You have to use a custom advancedsettings.xml entry to make it work correctly.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>false</usefasthash>
  </ videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml#videolibrary for more details
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes0