No DTS sound with Mac Mini (late 2010) and XBMC 13.2
damn you bought crap (again?) - those soundbars are all shit if you ask me - at least from a technical pov. Well now that you have it.

It sounds like your sound bar supports multichannel pcm. In that case in XBMC goto settings->system->audio output and disable passthrough but instead set the number of speakers to (whatever your soundbar emulates - 5.1?!?). That will send it as 8 channel pcm (while the unused channels are receive silence ...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz don't tell me that!...I thought it was a good choice! even this soundbar was one of the best in 2014. The thing is that the seller didn't tell me that the optical output was useless I mean it was just to send audio from TV to the soundbar, nothing else and my intention was to use optical to send audio from mac mini. So not passingthrough means worse audio I guess, soundbar it's just 2.1, I'll try to disable passthrough and see how it sounds but now I m pretty much disappointed, I guess I always could give it back...talking about that, what do you think about these home cinema:

http://www.es.onkyo.com/es/productos/avx-390-74374.html

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/952/9.../page.html

http://www.fnac.es/Home-Cinema-Yamaha-YH...a/a1056623

The one thing I like from the soundbar is that it turns on when I turn on the TV and if I would go for a home cinema 5.1 I would like that, i don't want multiple remotes to control this and that

Anyway I hope you give me your advice and until then I will try to not make a move

thanks
My only advice - don't buy soundbars if you want to have home cinema sound.I won't give you any other suggestion. I can only tell you that i use an yamaha 5.1 amp with hdmi input and have no issues. I have all connected to a switchable socket and it all turns on with one switch. Also the amp remembers if it was on or off when i cut the power (so it kinda "autoboots" once power is enabled).

Hopefully the other users can give you more advices.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
A soundbar I think sounds good with kodi is Philips Fidelio HTL9100. It has wireless detachable speakers so you can place them where you want. Do a google search and you will see it has very good reviews. I think it will go on sale soon cause Philips is launching an upgraded model one of these days.
Hi Memphiz and everyone,
Finally I returned soundbar and in exchange I got what you told me, an onkyo 5.1 amp, best sound I ever had, so easy to set up I couldn't believe. If I had taken your advice more seriously I wouldn't waste so much time as I did. I still got some problems with a/v syncro, but I found out the best combination, with frodo 13.2 in playback adjust display refresh rate off, sync playback to display on and then in A/V sync method "audio clock" not "resample audio" I don't know why but that was my best config. With Kodi 14.0 (the version you told that fix sync problems) whatever I try I still had sync issues.
Thank you guys specially Memphiz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS sound with Mac Mini (late 2010) and XBMC 13.20