"Keep Original Title Enabled" setting for TV shows
I have the "Replace file names with library titles" setting disabled on the system level in order to stop getting mismatched movie names from databases and for other reasons.

However, I still would like to see scraped episode names for TV shows. The issue is that I can't find the "Keep original Title Enabled" for TV Shows -- it seems to only exist for movie content. It would be very useful to have this setting for TV shows, or maybe it would be better to have that setting present on the folder level regardless of content type.

What do you guys think about this, and does this have to be directed to the Confluence author or XBMC generally?
Any feedback on this
I'm honestly not sure. I think (but could be wrong) that only one title is stored per entry, even though there are things like NFO tags for both a title and original title. It's something I've always meant to ask about or experiment with, but keep forgetting to look into.
"Replace file names with library titles" may not do what you think it does.

What it does is replaces the filemode filenames with the titles that were scraped and are in use in library... I use this option and always have used it works a treat.

Keep original titles has nothing to do with that, what that does is if some movie was released with a particular name and your file is added with some aka, instead of using the aka uses the original title.

That is mostly the case for movies, not many tvshows do this, "I dont think" (key words there), but if it does you need to direct it to skin/scraper developers...
uNiversal, I'm pretty sure that "Replace file names with library titles" replaces something like s01e2-Californication.BDrip.x264.1080p.mkv to the actual episode name, because that's exactly what it does for movies. But it doesn't work in the Videos view for TV Shows.
Right not sure if that is the case, but Ill have a look and make a test.

the idea is that the video > files names are replaced with the library names. in any case if only movies does that then doesnt make sense to have that work on movies and not tvshows.
As said, they are 2 entirely different things.

Replace file names with library titles

When enabled this will show the scraped title of a movie or episode when viewed in Files mode (ie Videos > Files> Some folder > some video.ext)

Keep Original Title

Will show the original title for a movie and not it's translated version (ie foreign title vs English title)
Yea I think what he means is that Replace file names with library titles only works for movies not tvshows and if I understand this right he wants this to work for tvshows also.

I think this whole thread is a bit confusing and at times not sure what hes trying to get done.
It does work for movies and episodes though. Huh
OK, I see the distinction between Replace file names with library titles and Keep original title now. But these two options are so closely related, no wonder it's a little confusing.

I'll rephrase the original post, so maybe it will be more clear.

I think we need to be able to control TV show episode names and movie names separately. In my case, I want TV episode names to be pulled from an online database, but I want movie names to stay named according to their parent folders. The rationale is that it's relatively easy to change a folder name for a movie yourself, but it's very labor intensive to rename individual episodes.
Then just don't scrape the source at all. If you are going to use file mode, why even use scraping for those movies ?
doh! double doh!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Keep Original Title Enabled" setting for TV shows0