Linux Video dies after 'buffering'
I was wondering if anybody has experienced the video hanging up but the audio still working after you noticed 'buffering' in the upper right hand corner. Stopping live tv and restarting it seems to fix it.

I'm just beginning to see what the issue is and haven't yet captured my debug logs. Just wondering if anybody else has seen this before.
OK, I'm back with a debug log now. Smile

What happens is that when watching TV, it will pop up in the upper right hand corner saying "buffering" and will have a percentage. When the percentage reaches 100%, the audio will return but the video is hung.

Kodi debug log:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/

Mythbackend debug log:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/

Any help is appreciated.
You are not alone. I am seeing this exact issue as well. In my case, it happens quite frequently (within a minute or two of starting the to watch Live TV), and I also have observed that stopping live tv (and sometimes just changing channels) will correct the issue. I'm uncertain if I get the "buffering" all of the time. Most of these issues are reported by the wife, and I don't quite get the full picture of everything that happened.

It appears as though this issue has only begun relatively recently. Things seemed to work find for quite some time, and then suddenly stopped. I do not have a good "cause / effect" relationship identified for the issue (I don't know if it was the Kodi upgrade, an upgrade to unRAID, or an update to mythtv that has happened to prompt this issue).

For me, this is fairly critical as the end user (the boss, my wife) has stopped using the system as it is "unreliable".

I am running Kodi/Helix on an Intel NUC running Openelec, and the latest stable mythtv from mythbuntu (I do apt-get update and apt-get upgrade fairly often).

I've attempted to capture a full log on this issue as well through xbmc (with the mythtv addon debugging enabled, and the Kodi logging enabled). Will post those as soon as I have them.

I don't know exactly how to post the log information from the mythbackend, but am certainly willing if somebody could point me in the right direction.
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
unRAID 6.0b12 | 6.3 TB of Storage
Hmmm. Can't get a log (not reproducing at the moment...). Will see if it happens tomorrow, then may have to re-enable logging...
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
Install pastebinit.

Then pastebinit filname
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I got some logs. Turns out I can reproduce this by starting to watch a channel, and then hitting the back arrow (to jump 10 minutes backwards, where there is no cached video). It freezes every time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=410074

Thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video dies after 'buffering'1