V14 Final is unstable, nightlies lose my library, what to do?
The final release of Kodi v14 final is crashing at least 3 times a day on my configuration, 13.2 was working gloriously without any issues on my machine.

I thought I might try a nightly release, see if the crash bugs have been fixed (mostly seems to be at library update)
All the nightly releases I've tried are literally losing the database.

When I go to my movies, I see the files view and there's no configured directories, has SMB support been changed, therefore my config files aren't parsed? Has MySQL support been removed?
Any ideas here? Luckily I can roll back to previous versions of the package and the database is in tact but I'm curious what is broken and if I'm the only one?

and it's just occurred to me, my userprofile% business has all been renamed too, so ultimately, switching back to 13.2 (which I'd LOVE TO DO) is going to be awkward and cumbersome.

What to do here, surely I'm not the only one having misery with this?
See this thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204647
That thread confirms my crashing problems, which is good - it will be fixed - but what about the loss of my entire library? MySQL gone in v15?
Your Gotham (13.2) libraries should still be on your mySQL server. You just need to use a Gotham release to use them.
(2015-01-20, 13:13)AbRASiON Wrote: That thread confirms my crashing problems, which is good - it will be fixed - but what about the loss of my entire library? MySQL gone in v15?

Don't use nightlies if you don't want those mysql issues
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Kodi v15 uses an updated video db schema, check you aren't experiencing any errors during the database upgrade (if you are, upload your debug log). You should be able to go back to your old setup, but you may want to drop the MyVideos91 database so that future Kodi updates are successful.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-01-20, 17:46)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-01-20, 13:13)AbRASiON Wrote: That thread confirms my crashing problems, which is good - it will be fixed - but what about the loss of my entire library? MySQL gone in v15?

Don't use nightlies if you don't want those mysql issues

Yes but what are the MySQL issues, what's going on? Is my assumption correct, is MySQL finally going the way of the dodo? Is it being removed?
Nightlies have _never_ impacted MySQL usage before.

If there's a new database version the program generally 'forks' out another database for that version to use (for lack of a better word)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
V14 Final is unstable, nightlies lose my library, what to do?0