NEEO - The Thinking Remote
There is a IR extender, to put it in Your cabinet if you have stored some equipment there. For a different room You need to buy a second brain.

At the moment I use a harmony touch. It works ok, as the door of my cabinet works with IR. But with neeo I can control my AV Receiver, Cable Receiver via Bluetooth or Wifi. So I don't have to hold my remote in correct direction anymore.

I only want to control all my TV / Media devices, so I don't care about home automation. For others the missing 433Mhz might be a problem.

They already have they prototype ready and will start soon with mass production. Good thing is I think this one will not have a delay over > 6month as I experienced with other Kickstarter the bad thing is, they won't change anything on their model, so won't include any more stuff like 433Mhz.

As at least some of the developers are form Switzerland, the support for EU products as TV Receivers is much better then if it would be USA only.

P.S. I get all my Information from FAQ and comments part of this project on Kickstarter. They answer quite fast on any questions. Only the 433Mhz is unanswered, so I guess its not included.

Edit: just saw this new part of there FAQ:
Do you support radio (RF 433MHz) controlled devices?
We don't support them out of the box. Since it is a feature that is being requested a lot, we will consider supporting a bridge device (WiFi to RF or similar).
how can no one is mentioning the insane price of this?
what you could accomplish with learning to use remote.xml file....for free...
kickstarter is a joke, how can they get so much backers without even giving a demo of the product. I mean what the hell does it do (that other remotes dont)? why can't they actually do a full review, you know like actually use it in real life and how it compares?

with all the negative stuff about kickstarter and crowd funding projects why do people still back this? also how a company that isn't even fully formed, without even a product in production, without even doing a full review charging more than multi-million dollar company like harmony remotes...it just boggles my mind.

did anyone else notice they just got a model to sit and read a script (without even knowing what an retina display, and even sounded like shes tech illiterate) you can even see her eyes move while she reads the script infront of her. so staged its funny.

also when you pay this much for the remote why would you leave it behind your sofaHuh why is called a thinking remtote?
PASS
To be fair, this price is similar to what you see for the Harmony equivalent.

Both are stupid expensive, though :)
I hate this trend towards predominately touch screen remotes, personally I want something I can operate by feel without having to look down at a touchscreen. Currently I have a Harmony 900 and it's a brilliant combination of hard buttons & touch, it's a shame a proper update hasn't been released as the newer Harmony devices are also predominantly touchscreen devices.
Agreed. I'll keep my Harmony One for as long as I possibly can - a great remote. If i want a touchscreen remote, i'll pick up my cell. But even then I use it just for browsing my library,and making a selection.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2015-01-24, 11:24)jjd-uk Wrote: I hate this trend towards predominately touch screen remotes, personally I want something I can operate by feel without having to look down at a touchscreen. Currently I have a Harmony 900 and it's a brilliant combination of hard buttons & touch, it's a shame a proper update hasn't been released as the newer Harmony devices are also predominantly touchscreen devices.

I couldn't agree with you more. My Harmony One is about as much touch screen as I go..

Harmony One user here as well.
I'm a fan of the peanut shape and the no brainer way my fingers just know where the buttons are without effort ! Smile

wow,such criticism! I would expect a bigger embrace from the Kodi community. Yes its very expensive, but i believe you get a lot more than the logitech smart hub will give you. And now that the API stretch goal is reached, things became a lot more interesting. Personally, i don't care so much bout the remote, i think its nice, the size seems right, not too big, could have been a bit more ergonomic, but my round logitech aint that great either Too thick and heavy. A touch screen as remote is not ideal, thats why they added hard button, completely programmable, so if you don't like the layout you can change them.

I think this is a nice device to start playing with some intermediate level home automatisation, having some scripted interaction with Kodi and so on. Pitty they missed the 433 standaard. maybe an "bridge" can help out.

Well see where this ends up Smile
The Harmony Smart Control, which has the IR extender hub and physical remote, is $99. NEEO is $220 for early backers and will cost more when its out. They both do the exact same thing except Neeo supports some fancy new protocols like Zigbee. So I'm not sure you can say the price is comparable to existing products.

The new things they have planned do look god, but honestly $250 for a remote is a bit much, and these things tend to get outdated quickly if there's no big install base.
(2015-02-03, 22:56)sIRwa2 Wrote: wow,such criticism! I would expect a bigger embrace from the Kodi community. Yes its very expensive, but i believe you get a lot more than the logitech smart hub will give you. And now that the API stretch goal is reached, things became a lot more interesting. Personally, i don't care so much bout the remote, i think its nice, the size seems right, not too big, could have been a bit more ergonomic, but my round logitech aint that great either Too thick and heavy. A touch screen as remote is not ideal, thats why they added hard button, completely programmable, so if you don't like the layout you can change them.

I think this is a nice device to start playing with some intermediate level home automatisation, having some scripted interaction with Kodi and so on. Pitty they missed the 433 standaard. maybe an "bridge" can help out.

Well see where this ends up Smile
Rule #1 of Kickstarter is don't expect expensive complicated electronic products to work well.

Rule #1 of universal remotes is don't buy one without reviews.

Combine the two and you stay far, far away.
(2015-02-04, 01:20)MrCrispy Wrote: They both do the exact same thing except Neeo supports some fancy new protocols like Zigbee. So I'm not sure you can say the price is comparable to existing products.
Its not just a IR extender hub. It can control diverse via bluetooth, Wifi and Zigbee. For me personal thats an improvement I am looking forward to. But of course its not for everybody's needs and its quite expensive.
(2015-02-03, 22:56)sIRwa2 Wrote: Yes its very expensive, but i believe you get a lot more than the logitech smart hub will give you.

If you live in the US then Harmony's Hubs are being upgraded to there new Home Control software for home automation, plus there will be a new Hub Extender that will do Zigbee/Z-Wave, so it's not a nice all in one hub like the NEEO. Harmony haven't announced any timeline for launching Home Control outside of the US yet, so yes for the moment the NEEO is a better solution for international markets.

(2015-02-03, 22:56)sIRwa2 Wrote: A touch screen as remote is not ideal, thats why they added hard button, completely programmable, so if you don't like the layout you can change them.

There's simply not enough hard buttons though as it's missing the essential playback controls and number buttons, so it's wasted opportunity in my view as they had the space by making the D-pad grouping smaller then putting more buttons underneath at the bottom end of the remote.
I have Logitech Harmony 1100 for 5 or 6 years (since product start selling) with two extenders. This is good remote for my home theater but it is little bit to old and slow. New Harmony remotes has extra features like mobile app, new interface... but basicly it is same product only design is different. Biggest disadventage of Harmony remotes are lack of web interface and API. Without this two features Harmony will never be best remote. Period. without this two features no integration of smart home with home cinema. I have big expectation from NEEO but i agree that without reviews buying this product from kickstarter is a little bit risky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NEEO - The Thinking Remote0