Airplay
What version of Airplay is with Helix?
My MAC with Yosemite says Airplay device not compatible.
Airplay works just fine off my iPAD. So it must be a Yosemite thing.
Just curious.
You are talking about Airplay Mirroring from a Mac screen to an ATV2/3.

http://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201343

XBMC / Kodi does not support Airplay Mirroring from any device. Probably never will.

Unfortunately you don't know what your replying too. Please refrain from that in the future.
Kodi/XBMC does support Airpolay. Go to Settings/Services/Airplay. Allow Kodi to receive Airplay content.
Reading the original post would have indicated that Airplay works fine from iPad to Kodi but from Yosemite.
It did work from Mountain Lion.
I have Kodi running on ATV2 and Mac Mini. This error only shows when I airplay from MACBook Pro to the MAC Mini. The MACBook Pro plays fine to the ATV2. So thus is must be an issue with Yosemite.
It would definitely help if you were more descriptive in what you are actually trying to achieve, which you have finally done. Sort of.
Eg, what program on the Macbook or where are you clicking when trying to Airplay to the Mini running Kodi ?

Done shoot the messenger when in a 4 line description a person is supposed to somehow read between the lines and pop out a magical answer for you ?

XBMC/Kodi only supports part of AirPlay (wiki). We do not work with AirPlay Mirroring, exactly as wrxtasy told you. The ATV2 has its own AirPlay mirroring support, which is probably why it worked there.
Just did a bit of further testing with Airplay:

OSX Yosemite - iTunes 12.01.26 - Airplay to Kodi (no DRM protected content)

RPi (Openelec 5.0) - Works!
ATV1 (Crystalbuntu2.0 + Kodi14.1RC1) - Works!

------------------------------------------------------

iPad iOS 8.1.2 / Kodi iOS 8 compatibility mode turned ON (no DRM protected content)

ATV1 (Crystalbuntu2.0 + Kodi14.1RC1) - Works!
RPi (Openelec 5.0) - Works!
OSX Yosemite Kodi 14.1 - Works!

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay0