Scan strm files into music library
I have made an Artist/Album folder with strm files, for example "01 - Come On.strm" which contains
Code:
plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/?action=play_song&song_id=Tg2ithtdgdulyb4c4qbubbxmybq&title=Come On&artist=Rend Collective Experiment
. The strm files work and play if I browse to them via Music -> Files.

But how do I add them to the music library? I tried an Artist.nfo and Album.nfo with links to the respective allmusic.com url but that didn't work.
Bump
(2015-01-21, 06:27)jonandtice Wrote: I have made an Artist/Album folder with strm files, for example "01 - Come On.strm" which contains
Code:
plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/?action=play_song&song_id=Tg2ithtdgdulyb4c4qbubbxmybq&title=Come On&artist=Rend Collective Experiment
. The strm files work and play if I browse to them via Music -> Files.

But how do I add them to the music library? I tried an Artist.nfo and Album.nfo with links to the respective allmusic.com url but that didn't work.

same problem here. Did you found a solution?
There are, if you read through the forums, a lot of us trying to do this. Unfortunately the answer is that it can't be done. There are basically three workarounds:

-Add the strm files as music videos. This gives you the ability to add nfo data, which is not as robust as the movie, tv show, or music data but still better then nothing. This method works okay but only if you don't actually have music videos in your library. I use this method but haven't been able to get kodi to scrape local artwork for the "Now Playing" widget, I guess since it's looking for video files not music, so I just get a generic blank cd cover.
-Add the strm files to a playlist and set a shortcut to the playlist on the main menu. Gets the stream into your menu without having to go into file view, but you still don't get nfo data
-Use one of the many addons available for streaming music. I try not to kludge up my install with too many addons. Keeps things cleaner (for me) and eliminates too many error message popups that confuse and frustrate my wife. I guess I figure the more I can keep local, the more likely it is to "just work".

Personally, I'd much rather just be able to add the strm, pls, or m3u files for internet streams directly to my music library. That way, I can add local artwork and descriptions for the streams that would show up in my library.

In a perfect world, the scraper would be able to scrape cd cover art on the fly for each mp3 file in the stream and display it on screen, but that's just crazy talk...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan strm files into music library0