Req Option to not "download" subtitles
Hi everyone!

I'm using Kodi and Plex together on the same library.

In Kodi, you have the option to either store downloaded subtitles next to the video or in another custom location. But most of the times, the subtitles I download through Kodi are out of sync. This is not a problem as I have buttons mapped to my remote for subtitle offset, but in Plex, I don't have these options (on mobile). Also, I actually always use the subtitle downloader in Kodi, no matter if I have locally downloaded subtitles or not.

I also don't like the idea of subtitle files being put right next to my video files or to have a folder somewhere on my HTPC that's just being filled with subtitle files.

So would it be possible to have an option in Kodi to not "download" subtitles? What I mean is: each time Kodi downloads subtitles, it just puts in a temporary folder and from the moment that playback is stopped, it deletes the subtitle (and temp folder).

Ofcourse not the most pressing issue and more my OCD of having a clean system, but would be a nice addition Wink.
Depending on the used platform i suggest to specify the /tmp folder as subtitle location. Those folders (at least on linux) are cleaned by the os.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to not "download" subtitles0