OS X [SOLVED] Kodi adding duplicate episodes based on file name
I've looked high and low for this issue. I don't know if it's Mac specific, but that's what I'm on, so I'm posting here.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.1 and XBMC 13.2 with AEON MQ 5 2.0.2 gotham (2/7/2014).

I only use "Local info" NFO files and no other scrapers are running. Whenever there is a TV episode with a digit in it (i.e. Breaking Bad S02E09 - 4 Days Out), kodi adds the episode as both episode 9 and then a duplicate entry as episode 4. I also have several TV shows that are just videos I've gathered through the years, too many to list as Movies, so I use TV Shows to categorize them. I have another TV Show named "Olympics" with 11 episodes. In tinyMediaManager, they're listed as season 1, episodes 1-11. All of the titles begin with the year they're from, like "2008 Opening Ceremony" or "2012 Closing Ceremony". When imported into Kodi, there end up being 22 episodes listed; my 1-11 as in the NFO files and then episodes labeled as "1x2008" and "1x2012".

It doesn't seem to matter if the shows are "regular" shows or my home videos -- if there is a digit in the file name (the "SxxExx" is in the file name too), Kodi picks up both and adds duplicates to the library. I've been through every setting in both the system and skin and am finding nothing that would seem to control this. All of my scrapers are "Local Information only" and no others are running....

I'm stumped -- any help would be great! Thanks!!

ETA: I finally figured this out as it continued to dog me. The filename structure was Show Name-S##E##-Episode Title.ext. This caused Kodi to see titles with numerics in them to read the file as a multi-part episode. When I reversed the order of the S##E## and the Episode Title, everything works fine. They import without crazy duplications. The current filename structure is Show Name-Episode Title-S##E##.ext.

ETA AGAIN: In case anyone is looking for this, I finally found a fix that seems to work. My library can again be stored on disk in the file format Show Name-S##E##-Episode Title.ext, so stuff in finable on the hard drive. I added the following to the advancedsettings.xml file and it works with that file naming structure:

<tvshowmatching action=“append”>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[Ee]([0-9]+)[^\\/]\-*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Kodi adding duplicate episodes based on file name0