Android No option for Playlist under Music with AFTV
I am new to the forum as well as Kodi. I tried searching these forums as well before posting so hopefully this is not a repeat.

I just recently side loaded Kodi on my AFTV because PLEX is a complete disaster on that hardware platform. I have to say I like Kodi a lot better, but one thing is driving me nuts. On the Home screen, when I select Music there is no option for creating a Playlist. The only options shown are Files and Add-ons. I see nothing under the System settings (basic or advanced) to enable the other options. I have searched on line and found several examples showing XBMC screenshots and they all have the playlist option (among others like Genre, Title, etc) under music.

Is this something unique for Kodi on AFTV or am I completely blind and overlooked something incredibly simple? (my flame retardant suit is on!)

Thanks in advance!
When in the music section, on the FTV remote, press the button that looks like three horizontal lines to bring up the context menu. You should be able to add songs to a playlist that way.

Alternatively, you can go into the Music menu and create playlists there as well.
(2015-01-22, 20:53)animeguru Wrote: When in the music section, on the FTV remote, press the button that looks like three horizontal lines to bring up the context menu. You should be able to add songs to a playlist that way.

Alternatively, you can go into the Music menu and create playlists there as well.

Thanks for the reply. I had tried what you mention before I posted on the forum as well. Just went back and tried it again to make sure I was not crazy. No matter what, I get no option for playlist. I uploaded some photos of what I am seeing (or not seeing).

https://picasaweb.google.com/lee.johnson...directlink

Thanks!
It may be that you have to scan in some music to start a library before playlist option is available?
Thanks for the reply whitebelly. That does not appear to be the case as I have almost 1700 songs in my music folder on my media server. I keep trying different things to see if anything makes a difference and will post if I figure out it. More comments or suggestions are appreciated!
Just having songs on the music folder alone doesn't necessarily mean that they are scanned into your library. When you go to the main menu, and the "music" menu, do you see an option for "files" to see your music, or do you see "Artists", "Albums", etc? If the former, you've not yet scanned the 1700 songs in your shared folder into your XMBC library. If the latter, than you are correct, you're set up already with a music library. FYI: I'm not sure if the library is needed to create a playlist, just trying to help determine if you actually have your library set up Smile

Good luck.
Thanks drumst1x...no joy with that either. I tried scanning to library individual songs, album folders, as well as the main Musci folder on my media server, but nothing had changed...I can browse every album straight from Kodi under the main Music heading off the home page, so no idea what is going on at this point.
No solutions still for this? I just migrated from ATV to AFTV and can't get the option visible for playlists. I can't create any, nor load any of my old ones. Im using standard skin. Would really appreciate help on this matter.
After you scanned music to library, turn on library. It's option in side panel.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No option for Playlist under Music with AFTV0