T9/edit control bug helix
This bug is not present in gotham so latest changes (and I've been told by Millhouse that have been a few in helix) has introduced this bug.

In helix after typing a word USING T9 INPUT and hitting select, the last letter of the word changes IF you press select as soon as you can.(any user used to T9 will notice this).

I've noticed two patters to what the last letter changes to. I made a post in RPi section so I'll repost here
"ts a timing thing. I've mapped a button for "select". so after typing a word I can press select I guess in 0.3 seconds but if I wait for the blink after typing a word (roughly one full second) the word that I typed passes through fine. BUT if I dont wait (and press enter as fast as i could, roughly 0.2 seconds) then the last letter that I typed (in my word) changes. and I found what it changes to.

If I typed e for (which corresponds to 33) it uses the first letter that is assigned to 3, being d. so it assigns to the first letter. but theres other patters. if you wanted the last two letters from the same number (e.g jl from the number 5) since l is sent from the same button (5) and I said that it uses the first letter of that number (which is j) then it misses out j completly, which explains "nemo" since the last letters "mo" come from same number 6."

I hope a relevant Dev see's this and hopefully have a look when they have time.
I'm bumping this up, hopefully a relevant Dev will see this.
Can you also put this up on http://trac.kodi.tv ? I'm not even sure who to poke about something like that, so it might be a while before someone checks it out, and on Trac we won't lose track of it (no pun intended).
LOL will do Ned Thanks
I'm hoping a Dev might look into this bug, esecially now that Pi 2 is released.
I made a trac ticket here
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15727
fingers crossed a Dev in the know sees this Smile
last bump. I want to join in the fun with the Pi2 and this is stopping me. even if a Dev knows about it, means it has a chance of being fixed. fingers crossed
bump...
I'm not a dev, so I don't really know where to look, but this is on my to-do list to try old versions and see if we can isolate the change that caused this. Although, I'm guessing it's something with how the text input stuff was all redone, along with the virtual keyboard.
thankyou Ned Smile I just wanted to know its on someones todolist. I'll keep quiet now and wait for any news in to the future. Smile
bump, still no word. would love to know which dev changed code from gotham to helix (regarding t9) so atleast can inform the dev.
jhsrennie fixed something else that was SMS/T9 related, so I pinged him on the trac ticket.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
thankyou Ned! happy that its going in the right direction Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
T9/edit control bug helix0