Win Sync refresh rate and navigating GUI
Hi

Sorry could come up with a better Subject title.

When playing movies I sync my displays refresh rate to match the movies fps. I set a delay of 5s because thats how long my HDMI chain needs to re-sync anyway - and to avoid possible A/V sync problems.

However I noticed that when I go back to the Kodi GUI (movie still playing) the refresh rate syncs back to 50/60Hz again and when I go back to fullscreen it syncs again to 24hz - and every time the display re-syncs and gets blank.

Why isn't the Kodi GUI also shown at 24hz/movies refresh rate as well - as long as I do not stop the playback of the movie there is no reason to sync back to the default 50/60hz refresh rate !?
You can set the gui to 24hz manually in the video settings to avoid switching those refreshrates. Wouldn´t help if you watch a 50hz movie. Then it will be refreshed again.

Other question....why are you browsing through the gui while you are watching a movie?
If you set sync option to only do it at start/end of the movie instead of always I think it will do what you want.
Ahhhh. Yes setting it to start/stop only works.

I somehow thought that setting it to always will compensate for errors and adjust it later on if it doesn't work from the beginning of the movie (for whatever reason)-

thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sync refresh rate and navigating GUI0