No Skins will finish downloading?
Very Odd - just installed Helix on a new machine, went to download a few skins to try them out and several get to 98% and then poof - gone. No prompt to switch to the new skin, if I go to the downloading add-ons option - they're not there nor are they availalble to switch to under Appearance. Right now Maximinimilsm is stuck at 90-% and Mimic at 97% (third time trying to download each) Also tried Black Glass Nova and Aeon Nox.

Never had an issue like this in all the years I've been using XBMC/Kodi. My internet connection is fine...any ideas?

Also - looking for a "lightweight" but visually pleasing and reasonably customizable skin for my Revo - something that won't be sluggish. I've been using ACE for a while and like it but doesn't tlook like it's been updated for Helix

UPDATE: weirder - downloaded the Helix version of Amber and went to install from the Zip and nothing happened. It now shows in the downloading add-ons screen with the others and shows 0% ?? What is up with that?.
please post a Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I ran into the same problem. In my case, I had upgraded from Gotham (13.2) to Helix (14.1rc). The relevant log info seems to be:

Code:
21:24:52 T:14796   DEBUG: CCurlFile::Open - effective URL: <http://mirror.jmu.edu/pub/xbmc/addons/helix/skin.apptv/skin.apptv-1.0.1.zip>
21:24:53 T:12956   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
21:24:55 T:14796   ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: insert into package(id, addonID, filename, hash)values(NULL, 'skin.apptv', 'special://home/addons/packages/skin.apptv-1.0.1.zip', '03D26B4D9212E3DEFFA81BEA7378C358')
21:24:55 T:14796   ERROR: CDatabase::ExecuteQuery - failed to execute query 'insert into package(id, addonID, filename, hash)values(NULL, 'skin.apptv', 'special://home/addons/packages/skin.apptv-1.0.1.zip', '03D26B4D9212E3DEFFA81BEA7378C358')'

I closed Kodi, renamed the add-ons database (%AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database\Addons16.db in Windows), and restarted Kodi. Kodi recreated the database (to the same size according to Explorer), but I can now install skin!

Was there by chance a change in the databases between versions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Skins will finish downloading?0