• 11(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
I'm on windows 7 sp1 x64. Nvidia video card.
The builds of 13 and 16 are fine for me. Played a lot of movies, Tv Series and music from local and smb. No crash, no problems at all.
A little question: in the log, last line:

16:25:55 T:1696 ERROR: dllFreeLibrary - Invalid hModule specified

What is this?
Ignore that line
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there any chances to the sound code in these test builds? I have an M4A file which worked and no longer does?
xbmc was an available app on my asustor nas so that's been my experience until recently, just playing my own films on the tv via hdmi cable. Then bam the penny drops on xbmc video addons, so have gone from blissfully ignorant to must know lots more about streaming and the other capabilities.

not sure when asustor will make kodi available on linux based asustor as-304t so decided to install kodi 14.1 on windows 7 sp1 32bit.

still want to know more, so I've now installed kodi 14.2 -BETA1 over 14.1 as per this thread with renamed pdb.

As I will be playing about installing configuring and stuff this should be a good test.

Haven't had any crashes or problems yet but getting ready, I can't see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy Programs → Get more... → XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader...

Any other hints and tips for the newbie beta tester?
Hello there, I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I have some bug reports for Kodi 14.1 in combination with YATSE .
I wanted to update Kodi to the latest Beta, but thought it might be good to share some info before I do. I logged some things and found crashdumps and logfiles from YATSE. I'll just upload everything here, so you can have a look.

Would that be the right thing to do?

And after that I install Kodi 14.2 beta 1 and have a look if the problems are still there.

chrashfile Link

Thx 4 F1.

st.
Just install the beta. We don't have use for old crashlog as we know what happens. We now need to know if all is ok
(2015-02-18, 17:42)stormsh Wrote: Hello there, I'm not sure if this belongs here, but I have some bug reports for Kodi 14.1 in combination with YATSE .
I wanted to update Kodi to the latest Beta, but thought it might be good to share some info before I do. I logged some things and found crashdumps and logfiles from YATSE. I'll just upload everything here, so you can have a look.

Would that be the right thing to do?

And after that I install Kodi 14.2 beta 1 and have a look if the problems are still there.

chrashfile Link

Thx 4 F1.

st.

Thanks. Jep, please upgrade to 14.2b1 and check if the issue is still there.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Found a problem with 14.1 and current 14.2 Beta (1st post downlink, 16th Jan).

The problem is when pressing the 'backspace' on the keyboard within a Movie Set the movies within that set move outside of the set (no longer becoming a set). They return back to being within a Set when you return to the Home Menu and go back into Movies (or whichever playlist created).

This problem does not exist with 14.0.

When replacing either the 14.1 or 14.2 beta '.EXE' file with the 14.0 kodi.exe file, it fixes the problem. I know this doesn't help narrow the problem within the .EXE file but at least I have narrowed it down to being the actual main Kodi.exe.

Skin used is the Aeon-Nox with no mods, only the skins dependacies ie script.skin.info.service for that skin..

Hopefully someone within the Kodi development team can find and fix the problem.
(2015-02-19, 09:54)Radar Wrote: Found a problem with 14.1 and current 14.2 Beta (1st post downlink, 16th Jan).

The problem is when pressing the 'backspace' on the keyboard within a Movie Set the movies within that set move outside of the set (no longer becoming a set). They return back to being within a Set when you return to the Home Menu and go back into Movies (or whichever playlist created).

This problem does not exist with 14.0.

When replacing either the 14.1 or 14.2 beta '.EXE' file with the 14.0 kodi.exe file, it fixes the problem. I know this doesn't help narrow the problem within the .EXE file but at least I have narrowed it down to being the actual main Kodi.exe.

Skin used is the Aeon-Nox with no mods, only the skins dependacies ie script.skin.info.service for that skin..

Hopefully someone within the Kodi development team can find and fix the problem.
@mkortstiege
I think this was caused by a change you did.
Hmz. Will have to check the backported commits.

EDIT: Looks/reads like it is related to http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15746
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@Radar, could you please check that ticket and let us know if it's related? How to reproduce the issue?
@mkortstiege It does seem related yes. I just tested with the non-smart playlist of 'Movies' and it works fine.

As that ticket suggests, it is only doing this for smart playlists. Replicating the problem would be to just create a smart playlist with a movie set in it. In my case, I have the <tag>Movies</tag> in the NFO file..

Movies.xsp below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tag" operator="contains">
<value>Movies</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
Hi.

When I add a filepath and tell Kodi that I don't want to scan for Movies/TVShow, it still scans and add the content of the folder to the library. This was not a present in Kodi 14.1
(2015-02-19, 16:34)Torbvea Wrote: Hi.

When I add a filepath and tell Kodi that I don't want to scan for Movies/TVShow, it still scans and add the content of the folder to the library. This was not a present in Kodi 14.1

Can't reproduce here. Anyone else having this issue?
(2015-02-19, 10:56)Radar Wrote: @mkortstiege It does seem related yes. I just tested with the non-smart playlist of 'Movies' and it works fine.

As that ticket suggests, it is only doing this for smart playlists. Replicating the problem would be to just create a smart playlist with a movie set in it. In my case, I have the <tag>Movies</tag> in the NFO file..

Movies.xsp below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tag" operator="contains">
<value>Movies</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks. I think it was introduced with the filter refactor.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3