• 15(current)
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)
(2015-03-14, 17:30)The0ry Wrote: Similar issues as above. Running windows 8.1 on Intel Nuc.

Never had a problem with 14.0, updated to latest 14.2 and now kodi stops responding everytime I try and shut down or reboot.

The only time I have successfully shutdown since updating to 14.2 was when I had the debugging enabled.

Tried to upload a crash log but the script failed on that.

Everything else works as normal and I haven't experienced any other crashing instances.

Edit: I tried going back to 14.0 and 14.1 and have the same problem when trying to exit/reboot/power off system, still freezes. Going to have to figure out if anything else on my system changed arpund this time.

Same here... Kodi 14.2 RC1 hangs (crashes) when exiting in Windows 7 on my PC and on exiting in Android LP on my Nexus Player. This was not happening with 14.2 Beta1.
I just tried a couple more attempts. I did a reboot and let it sit, 7 minutes later it rebooted. I then tried a power off system and let it sit, 7 minutes later it shut down.

So it is not completely crashing, just taking a very long time. In all my prior attempts when I went into task manager it was showing as not responding. I just didn't wait long enough before I suppose...

Here is a log showing the lengthy shut down

http://goo.gl/ZwBn65
(2015-03-14, 20:25)The0ry Wrote: I just tried a couple more attempts. I did a reboot and let it sit, 7 minutes later it rebooted. I then tried a power off system and let it sit, 7 minutes later it shut down.

So it is not completely crashing, just taking a very long time. In all my prior attempts when I went into task manager it was showing as not responding. I just didn't wait long enough before I suppose...

Checking the log:
15:42:02 T:880 NOTICE: stop all
15:42:33 T:3488 INFO: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\resources\lib\maps.py): script successfully run
15:42:33 T:3488 INFO: Python script stopped
15:42:33 T:3488 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3488 terminating
15:45:53 T:2020 DEBUG: Thread RemoteControl 2020 terminating
15:48:00 T:1972 INFO: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py): script successfully run

Try removing weather.openweathermap.extended, see if the delay goes away.
(2015-02-19, 16:38)mkortstiege Wrote:
(2015-02-19, 10:56)Radar Wrote: @mkortstiege It does seem related yes. I just tested with the non-smart playlist of 'Movies' and it works fine.

As that ticket suggests, it is only doing this for smart playlists. Replicating the problem would be to just create a smart playlist with a movie set in it. In my case, I have the <tag>Movies</tag> in the NFO file..

Movies.xsp below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Movies</name>
<match>one</match>
<rule field="tag" operator="contains">
<value>Movies</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks. I think it was introduced with the filter refactor.

@mkortstiege This is still the same for 14.2 RC1. You mention filter refactor, and I found the problem with the kodi.exe file however is this something that can be changed in the skin? to fix this problem with smart playlists?
(2015-03-15, 01:21)cg110 Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 20:25)The0ry Wrote: I just tried a couple more attempts. I did a reboot and let it sit, 7 minutes later it rebooted. I then tried a power off system and let it sit, 7 minutes later it shut down.

Checking the log:
15:42:02 T:880 NOTICE: stop all
15:42:33 T:3488 INFO: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\resources\lib\maps.py): script successfully run
15:42:33 T:3488 INFO: Python script stopped
15:42:33 T:3488 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3488 terminating
15:45:53 T:2020 DEBUG: Thread RemoteControl 2020 terminating
15:48:00 T:1972 INFO: CPythonInvoker(13, C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py): script successfully run

Try removing weather.openweathermap.extended, see if the delay goes away.
That seemed to have worked! Thank you very much. If nothing else, I learned how to check the debug log today and troubleshoot it.
Looks like openweathermap extended was the culprit... but It still takes ~20 seconds for Kodi to exit on Windows 7 and on Android LP. Misbehaving addons shouldn't be allowed to hold Kodi's exit process for such a long time.
Takes 20 seconds for me to
To but it had always done that for me on windows 8 with kodi 14.0 and now 14.2. I hoped to find a fix but haven't been able to and have just lived with the 20 sec wait...
The "xbmc.sleep(10000)" call in openweathermap could be changed quite easily to an abort-friendly "xbmc.Monitor.waitForAbort()", which would permit a prompt shutdown.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
One bug that is easy to reproduce is if you have a smart playlist and you go into a movie set
then back out of the movie set. It will bring you to the All Movies area (not just the smart playlist) and will show all the movies including those that should be in a set

This has been a problem since 14.1

edit: added pictures (Using Kodi 14.2 RC)
Ok I'm running that 14.2 RC1 build from Mar 11
Has ANYONE else seen a FULL HARD LOCK (entire system?)
I'm only getting it in Kodi and it's infrequent, generally when I try to start playing a file.

It's hapenned 3 times now.
This system is otherwise 100% rock solid and never hung with XBMC or Kodi for the past 18 months.
(2015-03-17, 10:46)AbRASiON Wrote: Ok I'm running that 14.2 RC1 build from Mar 11
Has ANYONE else seen a FULL HARD LOCK (entire system?)
I'm only getting it in Kodi and it's infrequent, generally when I try to start playing a file.

It's hapenned 3 times now.
This system is otherwise 100% rock solid and never hung with XBMC or Kodi for the past 18 months.
That's the bug they try to fix with this release (14.2) and it seems it worked for a lot users (including myself).
But as long as you didn't provide a proper debug log, nobody can help you at all.
What bug are you talking about? I recall a lot of "Kodi has stopped working" issues upon a library update, this is the first I've heard of the entire PC becoming unresponsive.

Also, how does one provide a debug log, for a system which is HARD locking?
i just had a "kodi stopped working" with 14.2 RC1. it happened immediately upon returning from standby.
log: http://xbmclogs.com/pi8a76frb

edit:
looking at the log there´s mostly old stuff in it, and i don´t know this´ll help? i´ll set kodi to debug logging and see if it happens again.
Greetings...

I am the original poster of this thread -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216891

I (today) saw that Helix has a release candidate posted. I figured that now was probably a good time to move from the alpha build provided to me by FernetMenta (and 13.2 on my other machines) and move to the release candidate to help bug hunt before the final release.

Of course the first thing I checked was gap-less playback of my mp3s. Unfortunately, I did not make it past testing that, it would appear that the gaps have returned...

The OP has all the pertinent information, the system I am testing this with is the same as it was during that time period.

I am happy to post a new debug log if that's something needed in this instance, and samples of the tracks that work fine with 13.2 and the alpha build that FernetMenta provided, as well as a capture of the tracks being played back with 13.2, the alpha build and the current release candidate. FernetMenta may still even have the appropriate samples on hand.

Can someone confirm the 'fix' from that thread is in fact present in the release candidate?

EDIT 2015-03-18 1133 EDST : Kodi 15.0-Alpha1 (Built Februrary 28, 2015) works correctly... I am guessing the "fixed gap-less mp3 playback" on the fixed features of 14.2 RC1 didn't actually make the back-port for whatever reason..?
Another "Kodi has stopped working", and this one was made just as it was back in the days.
Quote:To make it crash i started a TvShow episode, then i opened Yatse app on my smartphone and navigated to the "Now Playing" screen (basically is the second screen when you swipe left from the app's main screen) and "dang" Kodi crashed.
Also like it's been said in this thread it takes forever for it to shut down, and a guesstimate is that on my side 25% of the time it never shuts down, and crash in some way, all without making a crashlog.

*.Rar contains:
kodi.log
xbmc_crashlog-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150317-213205.dmp
xbmc_stacktrace-14.2-BETA1 Git_20150213-5c1a4e8-20150317-213205.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e29iy72jaa9mgf...5.rar?dl=0
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14.2 beta testing (includes fixes for crash problems seen in 14.0 & 14.1)3