FireTV Keyboard Mappings for Function Keys
Is there some trick to mapping the function keys (F12 key specifically) for the FireTV in the keyboard.xml?

I've tried using both the keyboard editor add-on and creating a keyboard.xml, but neither seem to work. When trying to map F12 in the keyboard editor add-on it simply doesn't recognize that I've pressed the key (other non-function keys work). I've also tried the following in the the keyboard.xml with no response when pressing the F12 key.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f12>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f12>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

The FireTV is rooted and I'm set to boot directly to XBMC with the complete bypass. I am using a FLIRC receiver and the IR command on my remote that is mapped to the Amazon home button sends F12 when on the KFTV screen to return back to XBMC which works perfectly, but the same button does nothing within XBMC itself. I'd like to map F12 to the XBMC Home Menu command so that I can use the same button when I'm in XBMC to return to the main XBMC menu.

Thanks!
Anyone have an idea on how to do this? It seems like the F keys are not able to be mapped for some reason on the FireTV.
The FireTV hijacks certain keys before they reach Kodi.
Thanks for confirming Ned.
Hmm, at least I think so. Now that I think about it, certain apps have a little menu/screen that first ask if you actually want to go to the Fire TV home screen. Hmm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV Keyboard Mappings for Function Keys0