Mixed video&music playlists
(2015-05-01, 16:58)DarkHelmet Wrote: I checked the list after I added the video. I also tried if the video was nevertheless "invisibly" added by skipping forward until the video should have been in line to be played next. It didn't, it was really not added to the list.

Does it work for you if you do the same as I did? Start an album and then add a music video?

Now I found what we do differently, I was adding the music videos from the video library. It seems that the UI points to two different functions depending if you're browsing videos or music. I just submitted a patch, but start working in a more general solution.
I see. Adding videos from the video library works well. I just tried that out.
Latest night build fixes the problem.
Cool, I'll give it a spin next weekend.
So far everything works. I can enqueue music videos from the music library as well. I'll test some further. Thanks for your hard work in making this possible.
Have tested this quite extensively. Mixed playlists work, enqueueing music videos to a (mixed) music playlist works from within the video or the music library. I also encountered no problems with the ios remote or yatse.

Well done!
redviolet, I hope, you're reading this. While this works quite well in 99% of the cases, occasionally when playing a music video in a mixed playlist after a song, the music visualization will kick in and the video gets displayed like a song. I've yet to find a pattern to reproduce it consistently. Have you maybe noticed the same?

Hitting back on the remote will take me to the correct playback of the video. It's as if the song "overlays" the video.
I found a way to reproduce. Start with a music video, then enqueue a music track and then another music video.

The first music video will play fine, the following song will play fine but playback of the following music video will fail. The screen is black, you hear the music from the music video. you can see a cd spinning (cdart), you can see the track info as if it was a music track and not a video, the track information is empty though. Hit back on the remote and you can see the video too. It looks as if the music gui is opened even though a video is playing.

This used to work in the Helix builds. Something must have broken it during the transition to Isengard. Here's a log

In my case the first music video is "Analogue" by A-ha, the following audio track is "Storms" by Wolf Alice and the following music video is "Foor of the mountain" by A-ha.

http://pastebin.com/qTUe5CnH
I took a look, but it seems to be a bug in the music visualization engine. I really have no idea how it works, or what triggers it.

It would be worth to fill a bug report about it.
Hi, I've added another finding here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=234697

Behaviour depends on the now playing list. It works in the now playing music list, it doesn't in the now playing video list.
Using KodiSetup-20151025-c524791-master.exe mixed playlist no longer work at all. Music tracks get skipped.

I created a bug ticket http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16285 some weeks ago with no feedback. In Isengard mixed playlist at least worked when they were started from the music library. In the Jarvis nightly I use, even this does not work any more.

Should I create a new ticket? Should I post it as a bug in General support?
Hello, what is the official point on the Mixed Playlist topic of Kodi Team? I made few tests on mixed playlist with YouTube and SoundCloud plugins.
Play now:
1st approach:
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.Clear","params":{"playlistid":1},"id":3}
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.Add","params":{"playlistid":1,"item":{"file":"plugin://*"}},"id":4}
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"playlistid":1,"position":0}},"id":5}
2nd approach:
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://*"}},"id":3}
Btw they have the same outcome for my steps

Queue item:
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Playlist.Add","params":{"playlistid":1,"item":{"file":"plugin://*"}},"id":3}
Start from YouTube:
  1. Play now from YouTube => YouTube starts play
  2. Queue item from SoundCloud => Track got queued, next button is available
  3. Click next in Kodi => Track from SoundCloud is playing
  4. From now on queue is kinda screwed up
  5. Queue item from SoundCloud => Next button in the player isn't available, but when previous SoundCloud track (from step 2) reaches the end - this track (from step4) starts. It has no info it all, only file name (no artist, no track, no art)
  6. Queue item from YouTube => Next button in the player isn't available, but when SoundCloud track reaches the end - YouTube is starting, but only audio, no video
  7. Queue item from SoundCloud => Next button in the player isn't available, but track starts and all info is displayed
So looks like it kinda works, but some small part is missing for the shared video/audio playback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed video&music playlists0