Req Wake On Lan over shh
hi all,

I have a RaspBMC running in the common room of my dorm, which pulls media from my desktop in my room. I want to be able to boot my desktop pc using my pi, however my router does not support portforwarding to the broadcast address (for forwarding WOL magic packets) so i have no way of waking my pc other than manually ssh/ing into my linux server and sending a wol packet from within the same network. Is it possible to automate this process by making some kind of script, that can be run instead of the current wol feature kodi provides, that can send a ssh command to my linux server. something like:

ssh [user]@[Domainnameoflinuxserver] 'wakeonlan [MAC address of desktop]'

Is this possible and if so, how?

This is possibly an overlapping scenario ? -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211806

I guess you could create an addon that did the wakeup and that you explicitly execute by clicking on it but that would not give you the 'on demand' - functionality of the current wol-feature.
Is the 'on demand' - part something that is important for your use-case or would it be equally fine to execute it explicitly?
Have you abandoned this issue or would you care to respond to my questions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake On Lan over shh0