Req Record audio from movie "on the fly"
Question 
As a musician I often use samples from movies.
So what I'm looking for is a simple way to record short audio samples.

Today my workflow is like:
-> Discover a great sound in a movie (inside kodi, of courseSmile )
-> Make a note where to find it in the movie
-> When the movie is finished, play it again in vlc, skip to the point where the sound is and record it in an audio recording program.

What i whish for:
-> Discover a great sound in a movie
-> skip 30 secs back
-> enable recoring with a shortcut
-> sample is written to a specified folder, named by the title, start and endpoint
-> stereo sound from the two front speakers would be great, a mixdown from all channels even better
-> stop recording with the shortcut

By the way, kodi is a wonderful peace of software. You're doing a great job!

Cheers
bashfinder
My opinion - thats nothing i would like to see in kodi. You are a musician - i think you know why i think its a bad idea to have something like that in our core software - just from a legal pov.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-01-29, 16:05)Memphiz Wrote: My opinion - thats nothing i would like to see in kodi. You are a musician - i think you know why i think its a bad idea to have something like that in our core software - just from a legal pov.

Hey Memphiz, thanks for your reply.

I know it's kind of a very special wish, and I am curious if anybody else is missing this feature.
From the legal point, the problem start's with publishing the sampled content, as far as I know (admitting I'm not a lawyer)... but anyway you might be right.
sounds like a perfect fit for an audio-dsp addon once that lands in mainline..
(2015-01-29, 17:32)ironic_monkey Wrote: sounds like a perfect fit for an audio-dsp addon once that lands in mainline..

Nod
... so I vote for an audio-dsp addon !!
Just to expand on the legal issues mentioned above: Under German law for example you're limited to a sample of 8 seconds max from copyrighted works to use in your own work, and that's not taking into account other prerequisites. I imagine that the situation would be the same in all of the EU and most probably not much different in the rest of the world.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record audio from movie "on the fly"0