Startup Script on Kodi
Hy Guys,

these days i installed Kodi on my Raspberry Pi. After sometime i got it to work, and i would like start using it as a mediacenter to play some videos and music located on my NAS. My Question is, how or where can i store a script so that shares on my NAS are automaticly mounted when the Pi starts or reboots?

I created a file "autostart.sh" stored in home directory of Use "pi" => reboot => didnt work Sad
placed a link like "@reboot path-to-the-script" in the crontab ( for user pi and for root ) => not mounted on boot Sad

the path to the file is correct and the script is working if it is executed directly from a shell, the cron-scheduler is also enabled in the kodi settings :S

thx for your replays

Imker
No need for all this complication you are introducing, just follow this guide and the shares will be remembered each time you reboot.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Also play with this setting:

Kodi > System > Settings > System > Power Saving > Try to wake remote servers on access

Smile

Thanks for your replay,

finally its working, I guess it was some DNS Problem.

i tried to execute the script directly after reboot, and it could not connect to the target computer, so i pinged it a few times and after that it was working...
i justed modified the host file and now everything is fine.

i future i want to start another programm at startup, so i a script running at startup.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup Script on Kodi0