Cannot get rid of wrong artists picked by Kodi Artist audio scraper
Hi
I'm having issues with audio Artists scraper where it fetches the wrong information about artists the names close to the one I need.

I have the soundtrack Pulp Fiction which I wanted the scraper to pick and it did not. Instead, it launched the keyboard to type in the artist. I typed it again and nothing was found, as excepted.
Then I typed Pulp hoping it will give me a list of options close to it. This time it picked the artist Pulp with all the info event though I have no album or any track from this artist.
From this point onward, all my attempts to remove it failed.

How do I remove this entry from my library?
I think you need to properly tag your media.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
My media is properly tagged.
I can see both albums in my library, the Pulp Fiction and Pulp. All I need is to remove the Pulp album and artist as I dont have any artist by that name
Basically the Pulp album does not exist. it points to album that doesnt exist either. Even when I try to play the "zombie" songs there, a message pops that the track doesnt exist.
So how can I remove this album and artist? Scraping does not seem to do that task properly.
If you can get rid of the album, then the artist should disappear as well. But if it doesn't remove the album on a library update or re-scan, then I'm not sure there is any easy way unless you know how to directly edit the musicdb file with some SQL-fu.

You could export the music library to a single file, delete the offending album from that XML file, delete your musicdb, scan in your sources without scraping and then import it back, but I'd save my whole userdata configuration first just in case. I've been having problems with my fanart showing after using a similar approach to set up new clients, and have to go to every album and choose the fanart again.

OR, maybe cleverness might help. Find that album (or create a dummy replica with tagging another album), scan it in, then delete it and update again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot get rid of wrong artists picked by Kodi Artist audio scraper0