Optimized (or Dubois) Red/Cyan anaglyph support [it's already in ffmpeg...]
Even if there might be other anaglyph methods that are based on other colors, Red/Cyan glasses are the most popular and easy to obtain.

However, the reds are flashy in the eyes when using these glasses, to the point of causing strain on bright red hues. There's an optimized color transformation (also called "Dubois red/cyan") that minimizes this effect, lowering the perceived saturation of red hues in the image. And it's already supported by ffmpeg (which is what I think kodi uses). The enum StereoCode is "ANAGLYPH_RC_DUBOIS". You can set it in mplayer using the video filter: "stereo3d=sbsl:arcd"

Check out this page for the comparison. The examples show noticeable improvements, and they don't require you to get any other different set of glasses. The colors get a little bit washed out, but that's way better than the annoying eye strain.

I also found that reducing the binocular rivalry like this also helps the overall perception, and the occasional anomalies at the borders become less noticeable. IMHO, unless you have some special kind of lenses, using an optimized matrix like this is the only sane way to go for red/cyan.
Very interesting... but i think that just me and you use Red Cyan glasses to see 3d movies.... Wink
(2015-01-30, 23:35)Ferk Wrote: Even if there might be other anaglyph methods that are based on other colors, Red/Cyan glasses are the most popular and easy to obtain.

However, the reds are flashy in the eyes when using these glasses, to the point of causing strain on bright red hues. There's an optimized color transformation (also called "Dubois red/cyan") that minimizes this effect, lowering the perceived saturation of red hues in the image. And it's already supported by ffmpeg (which is what I think kodi uses). The enum StereoCode is "ANAGLYPH_RC_DUBOIS". You can set it in mplayer using the video filter: "stereo3d=sbsl:arcd"

Check out this page for the comparison. The examples show noticeable improvements, and they don't require you to get any other different set of glasses. The colors get a little bit washed out, but that's way better than the annoying eye strain.

I also found that reducing the binocular rivalry like this also helps the overall perception, and the occasional anomalies at the borders become less noticeable. IMHO, unless you have some special kind of lenses, using an optimized matrix like this is the only sane way to go for red/cyan.
Did you found any updates on this?
Considering Kodi uses FFMPEG and FFMPEG allows for Dubois method, as shown here https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Stereoscopic I am wondering if this is already implemented or not.

In Jarvis I see all three anaglyph methods (red/green, green/magenta, amber/blue) but I can't find in the code how the result is achieved (I searched but I'm no programmer so I might have missed it).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optimized (or Dubois) Red/Cyan anaglyph support [it's already in ffmpeg...]0