• 14(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
That was my initial thought. I'm using the Aeon Mq7 skin. When I access the Audio Settings, I select Subtitles, and it informs me there are no subtitles available for this show. That's what led me to think the subs are coming from PBS. I was having some other issues with KODI, and decided to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. I am still experiencing the issue after the reinstall. I was just wondering if it was just me, or if others had started to see subs recently.

Steve
Try turning off Parsing for Closed-Captions.
Just checked and Parsing for Closed-Captions is turned off. I'm still seeing the captions, but only for PBS programs.
Post a debug log with libCurl specific enabled while playing. I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.
I just wanted to just say how much I love and appreciate all the work you do to continue to make this incredible resource available. I get endlessly lost in just the 200+ Frontline shows that are always fascinating and educational.

Thank you again!!
Is this addon not working at all unless one ponies up a "donation" to PBS?

I'm using this on 3 Raspberry Pi 2's and it has stopped working on all 3.

I have a free account on PBS. I configured the addon with my credentials, and set WNET as my station.

When I try to use the plugin, it doesn't list any videos. The categories are there, the listings are there- but when you pick a show- ANY show- it just lists 0 for Episodes, Clips, and Previews. Doesn't matter which show I pick- it just lists zero for all of them. There is nothing to play- period.

It *used* to work fine.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, even tried changing the default station to a local one, nothing worked.

I could use some help with this, thanks in advance.
Version 3.0.7 fixes the Epiosde, Clip and Preview counts.
Previously the count was being displayed as "0" for shows though there actually were videos for the show.

A PR has been issued for the kodi.org repo, the update should be available in a few days.
(2016-11-08, 19:34)learningit Wrote: Version 3.0.7 fixes the Epiosde, Clip and Preview counts.
Previously the count was being displayed as "0" for shows though there actually were videos for the show.

A PR has been issued for the kodi.org repo, the update should be available in a few days.

You have come through again, mon ami. :-)

Thanks for the fix, I look forward to this awesome addon working again. :-)

***UPDATE***

Just installed 3.0.7, so far it seems to be working.

Thank you very much. It's good to have this working again. :-)
(2016-11-08, 23:34)mrsfixit Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 19:34)learningit Wrote: Version 3.0.7 fixes the Epiosde, Clip and Preview counts.

You have come through again, mon ami. :-)

Thanks for the fix, I look forward to this awesome addon working again. :-)

***UPDATE***

Just installed 3.0.7, so far it seems to be working.

Thank you very much. It's good to have this working again. :-)

***UPDATE*** 12-12-16

I spoke too soon. Undecided

It was working great yesterday. As of today it won't even launch on all 3 of my Raspberry Pi's.

Very frustrating... even more so for you though, since you have to fix it. lol

Hope you can look into it when you have time.

Thank you in advance. :-)
(2016-12-13, 02:33)mrsfixit Wrote: ***UPDATE*** 12-12-16

It was working great yesterday. As of today it won't even launch on all 3 of my Raspberry Pi's.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Works fine on my FireTV with Kodi 17.0 Beta 5 and Windows 8 running the same. Not sure how to help without a debug log and I really don't have any love for Rasp PIs, but I'll take a look. Most likely has to do with the platform specific build is my first guess.
(2016-12-13, 02:59)learningit Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 02:33)mrsfixit Wrote: ***UPDATE*** 12-12-16

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. Works fine on my FireTV with Kodi 17.0 Beta 5 and Windows 8 running the same. Not sure how to help without a debug log and I really don't have any love for Rasp PIs, but I'll take a look. Most likely has to do with the platform specific build is my first guess.

learningit- it's working again. Go figure. It must have been something on their side.

This stuff can drive one crazy. Thanks for the incredibly quick response BTW. I wanted to let you know right away that it was working again.

FireTV, hmmmm.... I've been looking at one of those as well for future Netflix watching. I do love my Raspberry Pi's, just ordered a Pi 3, and they've worked pretty well for me. Kodi on a FireTV might be an interesting future option.

Sorry to have jumped the gun and bothered you. Next time something doesn't work I'll wait a day and see if it self-corrects.

Thanks for all you do- your addons are the best of the best and I couldn't live without them! :-) :-) :-)
Greetings! I having a problem with the plugin in Krypton (RC1 at this point). The problem is with the PBS login (snarl ;-). When login is enabled, the plugin crashes with:

EDIT removed by mod

Which seems to mean that the scrape of the corresponding web page failed to find the expected pattern match. When I looked at the code and the web page, it looks like PBS has re-arranged some of the html from what is expected.

What is particularly curious however, is that the plugin works fine in Jarvis. I tried a few new code updates to match the (apparently) new html, but I was not able to get the plugin working. Given the complexity of the login code (wow!), I gave up fairly quickly and hope that you are able to find a fix.

Thanks!
(2016-12-30, 16:52)oattes Wrote: Greetings! I having a problem with the plugin in Krypton (RC1 at this point). The problem is with the PBS login (snarl ;-).

Please post the full log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com. Enable debug logging.
(2016-12-30, 17:03)learningit Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 16:52)oattes Wrote: Greetings! I having a problem with the plugin in Krypton (RC1 at this point). The problem is with the PBS login (snarl ;-).

As requested:

http://pastebin.com/QridYJyc
(2016-12-30, 17:57)oattes Wrote:
(2016-12-30, 17:03)learningit Wrote:

As requested:

http://pastebin.com/QridYJyc

Thanks. I need to see some other info. Please run again and enable specific component debug logging for curlib. Then post the log as you just did. Also are you outside of the US?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6