• 15(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
(2016-12-30, 21:05)learningit Wrote: Thanks. I need to see some other info. Please run again and enable specific component debug logging for curlib. Then post the log as you just did. Also are you outside of the US?

As requested: NOTE: I had to truncate the log after the script error due to limitation of size with a free pastebin account. If you need the other part of the logfile, I can create a second paste.

http://pastebin.com/M8fsnr37

I am indeed outside the US. However, as I noted, the plugin works just fine in Jarvis, and both the Roku client and Web access work just fine, so I don't think that's a factor (at least I don't think that yet ;-).
Happy New Year from Ireland.

PBS ThinkTV has started crashing when logged into PBS account on Jarvis (Windows 10 and Fire TV). OK when not logged in. Using SmartDNS to unblock. Log attached.

Regards
Jayceejazz

http://pastebin.com/BFEfFDxW
V3.0.8 has been submitted to the Kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.
(2016-12-31, 22:00)learningit Wrote: V3.0.8 has been submitted to the Kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.

Working fine in Krypton now. Thanks!
Working fine in Ireland too. Thanks for that.
@learningit

I just wanted to thank you for the continued support of all your addons. I use several of them so I very much appreciate it.

Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Thanks for this great add-on. PBS is the only local channel I cannot receive in my area due to terrain unless I put my antenna on a 100' tower.

Even if I were to receive my local PBS channel it does not carry all these programs.

Great work.
PBS ThinkTV v3.08 is a fantastic program! Thank you t1m!

I have some suggestions for enhancements.

1. The PBS Watchlist displays only eight shows, but looking at my PBS Watchlist in a web browser correctly lists 49 shows.

2. Masterpiece has 187 episodes. The first 25 shows are displayed, then there is "More" to get you to the next 25. This can be tedious. In my KODI music library, I see all 1,800 albums and then I can then scroll, sort, filter or search to find the album I want. No more "More"! Or could you include a configuration option to turn off the More?

3. When browsing shows, could you filter out all shows that have zero episodes, clips, and previews? Is this a potential configuration option?

4. Could you list the recent shows I watched/was watching? This would be similar to "Recently Played" in the KODI music library.

Thank you again for such a fantastic program!
Andrew
Probably not. The API is pretty limited.
Item #1 would be handled with a "More" to get to the next page of the watchlist, the API only returns 8 entries at a time. Never got around to adding the "next" link. I'll add the next time I do an update.

The rest are trade-offs in performance which I'm not going to mess with. Some people are using slow links and they complain that the add-on is too slow if I increase the counts. So it is what it is.
Can we have the search feature that is in the website. This will be helpful if you know the specific show you are looking for. This is Json request i found in website:

Code:
http://www.pbs.org/search-videos/?callsign&content_type=video&page=1&q=[INPUT YOUR SEARCH]
Thanks
(2017-01-29, 00:49)alibaba011 Wrote: Can we have the search feature that is in the website. This will be helpful if you know the specific show you are looking for. This is Json request i found in website:

Code:
http://www.pbs.org/search-videos/?callsign&content_type=video&page=1&q=[INPUT YOUR SEARCH]
Thanks

Maybe in the next update. It's not quite as straight forward as just requesting a search, but it's not a lot more logic. It fell out of the last rewrite but is still in my dev version.
Is this plugin supposed to use the proxy server defined in System->Settings->System->Internet access?

I don't see any evidence that it is trying to use the defined proxy server including username and password.
(2017-04-17, 15:48)shred00 Wrote: Is this plugin supposed to use the proxy server defined in System->Settings->System->Internet access?

I don't see any evidence that it is trying to use the defined proxy server including username and password.

No
(2017-04-17, 20:49)learningit Wrote: No

That seems like a bug, yes? Is there somewhere that I should report that that would be useful?

I mean, if a user has a proxy configured, likely it's because they are required to use it and don't have direct access, so while the rest of Kodi would work, this plugin would not.
Hi learningit,

Great addon! Unfortunately it seems to be broken. It would be great if it could be fixed.

After a bit of research it seems PBS has changed their pages again and the scraper no longer works.

Your module tries to go to:

http://www.pbs.org/shows-page/0/?genre=&...cally=true

Which is now a big 404!

Any chance you might be able to see what they did and work around it?

Thanks again for your great addon. I miss it.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6