Simple script help!
Hey guys, I've got a simple idea in my head but for some reason I can't get it to work. I want to add an item to the home screen menu , and use that item to run a script to launch Emulationstation. I've used advanced launcher, but it opens the program and then brings KODI back up over the top of the new window. Is there a way to run a simple bash script from the menu? Or will I need to stick to python for this? And if python is needed how can i get it to kill KODI, open ES, and restart KODI on exit? I know it's alot to ask, but script is something I've only played with for 2 days....Confused So between that and a recent switch to Arch Linux, I'm working with 2 learning curves lol.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work on this awesome program!
You can launch scripts using the kodi function RunScript, although running a bash script that way made kodi behave strangely for me, so I use a python script to launch the bash script:

import os
os.system('/path/to/your/bash/script')
Dude you're awesome! That works great for opening the program, but it still leaves kodi open in the background. How could close kodi, open the other, and restart kodi on exit? Againg, sorry for my noobness
do it from the bash script:

killall -9 kodi.bin
your program
kodi &
Awesome! That works like a charm, again you're awesome! Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple script help!0