Kodi / music issues (various)
I've encountered a few issues with Kodi and music.

I added a music share over SMB with several albums in flac.

1. Kodi has issues with album art (or perhaps it's a scraper issue) - in many cases it simply associates the wrong artwork with the album. This can be manually corrected - so there's a workaround on it. I've tried various scrapers - same results

2. While Kodi displays the correct track listing, seemingly random when I play back a track it will play a completely different track. All the displayed data is correct but the wrong music file is played back.

This does not always occur. Stopping/restarting the track often corrects it.

3. Finally - on rare occasion, Kodi just stops playback of one file and starts the next. It's possible that I hit the remote/keyboard and so I'll need to dig into this one a little more.

Really - #2 is main issue. The library is cool once I get it set up with correct artwork; the incorrect track playback is downright annoying.

Any thoughts?

cheers
debug log (wiki) of when this happens?
Yup. Sorry - my bad for not providing. Will get it posted when the issue repeats.
Log file for this issue:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=410190

--

Tried to play "2112" (1st track of the Rush 2112 album). It played a track from The Who/Tommy instead.

Seems to happen consistently too. Only once could I get it to play the correct track.
OK - I think I resolved ALL issues. Some background:

I have a snapraid 24TB server and was mounting the array on my mac mini via a snapraid "pool" which essentially symlinks everything in the array to present the equivalent of a single view of the entire array. For the hell of it, I decided to mount the individual drives (snapraid is not striped).

Once i mounted each individual disk in the array over smb and then added each as a source in Kodi, voila! So far, no issues with incorrect song playing. It also seems to have cured the scraper issue - album artist and artwork seems to be working flawlessly.

Anyway - near as I can tell, symlinks over smb (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS -> Mac Mini/OS 10.9.x) seem to be the culprit. Not sure why, don't really care since I can just easily mount each disk in Kodi.

--
I wonder if this was an enduring solution for TheShoe? Anyone else seen similar symptoms?

I am seeing the same symptoms as issues 2 and 3. All my music is stored as flac files on a NAS (MyBookLive) however different to TheShoe, the NAS is connected to Kodi as nfs (wireless) and Kodi (v16.1) is running on a hi spec Windows 8.1 machine. My default player is a remote upnp device.

Maybe it is some buffering issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi / music issues (various)0