ServerWMC issues with primary and secondary PC's running WMC
I have been trying to get an implementation set up for a number of weeks now and I'm now to the point where I could use some help. I am trying to configure two PCs (one primary, one secondary).

The primary PC (Gigabyte Brix Pro with I7 processor) has been setup successfully and functioning as expected. It is using Windows 7 Home Premium, WMC, ServerWMC (1.9.9.52, build: 1175), and XBMC (not sure of version, but log file says starting XBMC (13.2 Git:20140817-of3db05)) with the PVR client for ServerWMC installed.

With the secondary PC (Gigabyte Brix with I3 processor), I was hoping to use the PVR on the primary. I installed the latest version of Kodi available at the time (14.0 Git:20141223-ad747d9) which has the PVR client for ServerWMC installed and configured. However, I have been unable to get this configuration working. The "TV" menu item does not show.

In looking at the logs, I found that the secondary PC was having trouble reaching the primary. I verified that the firewall is open and Recorded TV folder shared.

The odd part of this, is that I was able to get it working for short periods of time. If I change the port used, both within ServerWMC and the secondary's PVR client information, the TV menu item shows up and I am able to see TV channels along with Recorded TV from the Primary. However, if I 'exit' out of Kodi and restart it, it no longer works. The only way to resolve the problem for the current session of Kodi, I have to change the port again on both sides. Another FYI is that when I do 'exit' out of Kodi, Kodi appears to lock up for about 3 minutes before it closes down. On the primary PC, this takes about 2 seconds. Granted, I do have debug logging turned on, but I wouldn't think that would slow down the 'exit'. Btw, this long 'exit' time does not really seem related to the primary issue because it was taking that long before I was ever able to get it communicating with the primary (i.e. resetting port numbers.

Anyone have any ideas?
Please post the serverwmc log and the Kodi debug log, it's the best way to see what could be occurring
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I was able to get this to work. I was not patient enough when after 'exiting' and restarting Kodi each time I changed the port settings on both ends. It seems it takes a minute or two for the menu item to appear due to the synch up with the primary.

I now have the channel line-up, EPG, etc. However, I am unable to watch any stations. But, since this is a different concern, I'll open a new post so it can be addressed separately.

Thanks for the help. . .
Sounds like normal share permissions or dns/hostname resolution issues. Should be able to find some existing threads with the same issue and resolution
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
In the other forum thread you started you posted the serverwmc log. See this part:

LiveRemuxStream> total time: 2.09 sec
2015/02/01 17:20:23.218 OpenLiveStream> stream path returned to client: smb://JIBAH-TOO/Users/Public/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Glenn-Brix-I3_ATSC_6.1_2015_02_01_17_20_21.ts
2015/02/01 17:20:23.218 OpenLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------
2015/02/01 17:20:23.227 Finished request OpenLiveStream in 2.16s
2015/02/01 17:21:08.371 Received client request: Glenn-Brix-I3|192.168.1.90|StreamStartError|smb://JIBAH-TOO/Users/Public/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Glenn-Brix-I3_ATSC_6.1_2015_02_01_17_20_21.ts
2015/02/01 17:21:08.373 StreamStartError> client 'Glenn-Brix-I3' reports error opening stream, will close stream down
2015/02/01 17:21:08.373 StreamStartError> client 'Glenn-Brix-I3' path to stream file: 'smb://JIBAH-TOO/Users/Public/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_Glenn-Brix-I3_ATSC_6.1_2015_02_01_17_20_21.ts'

Make sure your recorded tv folder is accessible from your remote pc using the account kodi is run under, using the path:
\\JIBAH-TOO\Users\Public\Recorded TV
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks krustyreturns and scarecrow420! Yes, this was the issue! With Windows 7, I had the secondary connected in the wrong homegroup (another PC). After seeing the response from scarecrow, I was able to run this down and just finished validating. It now seems to be working perfectly!!! Big Grin

Note: sorry for the duplicate post. I stated I would be opening a second post since the first problem was related to ServerWMC configuration. I didn't want to bury the 2nd problem in a post that could have misled other readers due to the topic. I'm a newbie to this forum and I'll know next time.

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC issues with primary and secondary PC's running WMC0